Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... at least for making road trips to other states...

It took me a full 12 hours ( Riding 65 - 80 mph) just to make it out of Florida and then almost 14 hours to get back home..
2 days out of my vacation time.....

Im pissed

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Well, I went Leaf Peeping this weekend. Left the house Saturday at 8:00 am, rode down to Southern Missouri (US-67) to check out the Fall Colors (FANTASTIC Display). Got back at 8:30 pm. I went from Missouri, to Tennessee to Kentucky in one day. I would have hit Illinois also, but I found a Ferry across the Mississippi that went from Hickman KY over to Missouri. Saved me quite a few miles up to Cairo, IL and across.

3 states, 12 hours, 540 miles. Loose in America on my Harley :cool:

Lesson Learned: Riding thru Farm Country at harvest time really stirs up a LOT of bugs! :eek:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I went Leaf Peeping this weekend. Left the house Saturday at 8:00 am, rode down to Southern Missouri (US-67) to check out the Fall Colors (FANTASTIC Display). Got back at 8:30 pm. I went from Missouri, to Tennessee to Kentucky in one day. I would have hit Illinois also, but I found a Ferry across the Mississippi that went from Hickman KY over to Missouri. Saved me quite a few miles up to Cairo, IL and across.

3 states, 12 hours, 540 miles. Loose in America on my Harley :cool:

Lesson Learned: Riding thru Farm Country at harvest time really stirs up a LOT of bugs! :eek:

Thanks.....
Now Im MORE pissed. lol

·
Registered
828 Posts
you need to live in RI, You can be in CT or MA in 30 mins. NH or VT in 2.5, NY or NJ in 4. the county you live in is prob larger than the state. When we moved to NV, the kids couldnt believe how long we were in the same state. lol :D

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
12hrs to get out of Florida.....how many times did you stop, and how many breaks did you take? Going north I can get out of the state in 6hrs on 95, about 7 on 75, it does take me close to 10 or 11 if I take 10 going west.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
12hrs to get out of Florida.....how many times did you stop, and how many breaks did you take? Going north I can get out of the state in 6hrs on 95, about 7 on 75, it does take me close to 10 or 11 if I take 10 going west.

My trip was to New Orleans so I exited Florida thru the Panhandle.
My sister lives in Jay Florida so I stopped there for the night.

Here was my route thru Florida. I left my Sunglasses in a Cracker barrel somewhere in Gainsville so I looped back.. :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Love my Eastern Washing state ! 150 miles to to Canada and the Rockies, 50 miles to Idaho's lakes, rivers and mountains. 200 miles to western Montana with tons of 100-300 mile rides right out my back door and only eight hours to the ocean coast in Oregon. Downside it snows here and I can only ride about 9 months a year at best. Been to southern Florida many times, summers hot and humid but nice fall winter and spring and not much to see for hours of riding. I guess we all have our pluses and minuses. You'll be riding the next four months while ill be in the garage doing mods and cleaning waiting for snow free roads.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
True but Miami has bikini clad chicas looking for ride on back of bikes...lol.

Of course that has never happened to me since my fiancé is usually with me. Maybe I shouldn't move back to Miami?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts