Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riders,
Read these topics for awhile. So I called a reputable PC. Tuner in my area, and flat out asked him to recommend a tuner that would be best for my bike(2015 RGs). Before I could finish the sentence, "he said PC-5, hands down. He owns a dynometer and charges $295 for the PC-5 and a additional $295 for a Dyno ride with mapping of course. I found a rider on CL and he is selling one for my bike for $200. So I plan on buying it and get it tuned. Will report back, the guy didn't get it tuned so he is going to the FP3, did a lot of research and seem like the pc5 is the s**t it does so much. I have SE air breather, stock pipes w/o baffles. So let the teachings begin.

82nd Airbone. Death from above:nerd::wink:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Be careful, I believe that PC-5 marries it's ECM. That means that each PC-5 will only ever work with 1 ECM. If it has already been "married" then it is worthless to you....

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The PC-5 is installed between the ECM and the input signal harness. It is not locked to the ECM like the Powervision, TTS, or SE tuners. The reason a lot of dyno operators prefer the PC-III and PC-5 is the ease and speed of tuning. They can be tuned on the dyno without shutting the bike off so the operator can make a correction and repeat that throttle percentage run in less time. If he charges a standard fee for the tune it only makes sense that the faster he completes that tune the higher his profit per hour. I have seen failures with this type tuner but not an alarming amount.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all,
Done research on it and looks straight forward in the install, I will find a map until I can get Dyno. Never asked why he is going with the FP3, but on my ninja the PC5 w/AT gave me no problems. Will update where bike is G2G.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts