Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed back to the Lone Star Rally. Had a great time last year. Different riding conditions this year. Supposed to start snowing tomorrow afternoon here in Colorado, so going to get a start before the snow and head East ASAP. Rain throughout Texas off and on. Galveston (and sunshine) or Bust!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Enjoy the ride. Frosty mornings in the snow-belt here means shorter sunlit rides til the snow stays for a few months. Then it’s garage season lol.

04 Road Glide

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2018 Lone Star Rally

Headed back to the Lone Star Rally. Had a great time last year. Different riding conditions this year. Supposed to start snowing tomorrow afternoon here in Colorado, so going to get a start before the snow and head East ASAP. Rain throughout Texas off and on. Galveston (and sunshine) or Bust!
The ride out to the rally was cold and wet. Temps in the mid and low 30s. 40s when I hit Texas, eventually warming to the 50s. The rally was well attended! There is always a stream of bikes and vehicles circling around the Strand. It is fun to watch! One sport bike overheated. The rider was reving probably near max RPMs and not moving. The coolant started squirting out on the engine. There was a superheated cloud of steam. I think he had his crouch scalded as he dropped the bike and hopped off. A bit of a mess. Lesson learned, even with a radiator you need airflow across the radiator!

On my way home now. Spending the night in Lubbock. 40s and 50s tomorrow, oh yeah!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts