Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to Galveston (10/31-11/03) this year? I'll be going down Thursday and staying two nights. Should be some interesting Halloween costumes on the strand Thursday night.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hey man, I came out to your house to look at your handlebars a while back.. Have you broke in the KTM yet? I'm going down just for the day Saturday. Did you get the engine build done?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man, I came out to your house to look at your handlebars a while back.. Have you broke in the KTM yet? I'm going down just for the day Saturday. Did you get the engine build done?
Yes sir, KTM is doing good. Still a handful. Finished my motor a while back (went 124) but had a transmission issue. Got all that sorted out and she's running good now.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Anyone going to Galveston (10/31-11/03) this year? I'll be going down Thursday and staying two nights. Should be some interesting Halloween costumes on the strand Thursday night.
I’ll be there Thu - Sun with 3 non-RG buddies. Fingers crossed for cool rain-free weather ?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Not enough vacation time for me this year. Last year I was up on one of the balconies watching the bikes cruise through town as they due at this rally. There was a guy on a sport bike revving his bike up near red-line as he rode in stop and go traffic. His bike overheated and his crotch and inner legs were sprayed with steaming coolant.

He jumped off his bike in a panic (I would too) and pulled down his pants in some sort of effort to get the liquid off of his "skin". This naturally drew the attention of the local police standing near by who checked out the situation. They moved the rider's bike out of the way of traffic, cleaned up some of the fluid and put out a cone to direct traffic around the mess.

I think the guy was also hauled away by the police. I suspect he was intoxicated. Bad night to blow your wad "so to speak"! As in the words from "Hill Street Blue", "be careful out there"!

·
Registered
729 Posts
yeah, I'm not a fan of the bikes cruising down Strand St may make me sound old but hearing all them bikes red lining between them building wears me out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts