Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lone Star Rally Event,
Is coming to Galveston!!!!
The Rally is from Thursday November 4th to Sunday
November 7th......

Was wondering if any of our members, have been to a Lone Star Rally? Or planned on coming next month? It's a pretty large Rally, 150,000 motorcycles, and over 400,000 people attend this 4 day event!!! Our tiny Island is cram packed for this event, I do have room for a couple rv's... and a place for a few motorcycle trailers....
But all are welcome to come by, and have a beer, or a glass of ice tea... one of the things about living on the island, is I know how to move around even when it's crowded, and I know lots of people, people who work parking, people who work the strand, an even a few bar owners,
One thing for sure, it's a good time had by all馃憤馃憤

Registered
I will be there! I live in houston so it only makes sense to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, which side of H-Town you stay on?
On a side note... check out my thread on "Its a Texas Thing" in the southwest region, would like to add a pin to a map of Texas, has placed 21 pins so far on my large map of Texas!!

Registered
Sweet, which side of H-Town you stay on?
On a side note... check out my thread on "Its a Texas Thing" in the southwest region, would like to add a pin to a map of Texas, has placed 21 pins so far on my large map of Texas!!
I鈥檓 in Cypress. I鈥檒l go find your map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I've been a bunch of times,planning on going this year too.Takes me about an hour and a half to get there depending on the ferry traffic.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been a bunch of times,planning on going this year too.Takes me about an hour and a half to get there depending on the ferry traffic.
Piper that ferry is stupid busy, I'm talking about waiting hours to get on, I promise you, you would make better time taking l-10 to 146 coming in the back way, would not only save you time, but save you headaches.
My daughter lives in Silsbee so she make that trip a lot. When she comes to visit me, and when that fairy is crazy. Its just best to go the other way, experience talking......

Side note: when I think of Piper I think of "Piper Aircraft"

Registered
Thanks for the tip but I'm going in on Thursday when the traffic "should be" lite. I usually go home the back way to avoid the crowd.

Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
Well, one thing that I learned in the Marines, the only thing wrong with Texas, is Texans. Always took twice as long to explain shit鈥 three times longer to calm down, and typically 4beers less to get in a brawl.. Well and the friendly civil servants who welcomed me everytime I crossed the vast openness..
On another note, those Texans, were some hard working MF鈥檈rs.
Now this coming from a narrow minded, indulged, insecure Missouri boy鈥. What would you expect.

that looks like a great event. I have a great lead on a dog sitter and may try to hit that before my long trip.

GO CHIEFS!!

Registered
Probably going to be huge this year. I live in Hitchcock close to the Fair grounds camping area.
I鈥檓 looking forward to it.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, one thing that I learned in the Marines, the only thing wrong with Texas, is Texans. Always took twice as long to explain shit鈥 three times8 longer to calm down, and typically 4beers less to get in a brawl.. Well and the friendly civil servants who welcomed me everytime I crossed the vast openness..
On another note, those Texans, were some hard working MF鈥檈rs.
Now this coming from a narrow minded, indulged, insecure Missouri boy鈥. What would you expect.

that looks like a great event. I have a great lead on a dog sitter and may try to hit that before my long trip.

GO CHIEFS!!
How do you circumcise a boy from Missouri?
You kick his sister in the chin.

What do you get when you have 14 Missouri women in one room?
A full set of teeth...

What's the difference between the Kansas City Chiefs? And a dollar bill?
You can still get 4 quarters out of dollar bill......

All bulshit aside, it's a great 4 Day event, and people from all over make the ride, one thing for sure it's a hell of a party, and even you would be welcome..... just leave that state of misery behind you......

Just kiddin..... hope to see ya here!!!!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably going to be huge this year. I live in Hitchcock close to the Fair grounds camping area.
I鈥檓 looking forward to it.
All I need is an excuse to go riding, anytime you would like to take a ride just hit me up, I'm always up for a ride!!!

Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
How do you circumcise a boy from Missouri?
You kick his sister in the chin.

What do you get when you have 14 Missouri women in one room?
A full set of teeth...

What's the difference between the Kansas City Chiefs? And a dollar bill?
You can still get 4 quarters out of dollar bill......

All bulshit aside, it's a great 4 Day event, and people from all over make the ride, one thing for sure it's a hell of a party, and even you would be welcome..... just leave that state of misery behind you......

Just kiddin..... hope to see ya here!!!!
I had to put the coffee down.. good shit.

Nothing like a good morning laugh.

I鈥檒l see what I can make work.

and you weren鈥檛 to far off with those鈥..

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had to put the coffee down.. good shit.

Nothing like a good morning laugh.

I鈥檒l see what I can make work.

and you weren鈥檛 to far off with those鈥..
That would be awesome if you could make it, being a fellow marine you would most certainly be welcomed!!!!

SIDE NOTE:
A simple hand shake, and a kind word....
Thanks for serving our country!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts