Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 RG special. Im 6'3" and catching tons of wind. Previous bike was an EG ultra classic. Found a 12" long ride shield that looks ok and is very affordable. Looking for some input if anyone has one of these windshields. Pictures too if possible.
Thanks.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm 5'10" and I have the 12" LRS and it is awesome for wind management. The klockworks gave me a thumping in my ears and this one doesn't. And my passenger is happier with it as well. I'll throw a pic up tomorrow on my way to work on the bike. He does have a return policy if you don't take the plastic off he will cut it down for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can't exactly answer your question. Just yet.

I have the Klock on my 17' RGU. Finally got some real road miles behind it this last weekend. I really like the looks of it and by myself its tolerable. Without helmet. Helmet and I get blurry vision unless I slouch. I'm ~6'1'. It will be pulled and replaced with the 12" LRS tomorrow. Around town and its just me, the Klock looks and works ok. I can ride with a ball cap no problem. It gives my passenger no happiness.

The thing is, I have the hardtail chopper, and around town the RGU gets as many thumbs up as the GSXR. Nor does it get any post cards.

I will say after ordering the LRS, they did follow up with communication asking if i was happy with it. Something to be said about that. If this shield I have from LRS does not cut it, I will not hesitate to order a taller one from them.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have a 14" LRS Thresher on my '15. It does a great job of cleaning up the air around my head. During summer I use a Memphis Shades 6.5" shield that is better than stock, but not as good as my LRS. The shields are easy to swap so I keep several on hand.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Depends on what seat you have, how you sit, (straight up or leaned back ), and torso length.

I am 5'11" with 32 inseam and use the tallest thresher with the Corbin dual heated seat. The only time I am forced to look through the shield is cresting a hill.

When I put the solo tour seat on i mount a 10" thresher. I can ride with the tall thresher, but have to stretch my torso to keep seeing over it.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Depends on what seat you have, how you sit, (straight up or leaned back ), and torso length.

I am 5'11" with 32 inseam and use the tallest thresher with the Corbin dual heated seat. The only time I am forced to look through the shield is cresting a hill.

When I put the solo tour seat on i mount a 10" thresher. I can ride with the tall thresher, but have to stretch my torso to keep seeing over it.
And this is a great point. If you plan on running a different seat, this can change your riding height. I got an Ultra touring seat, and a solo Mustang. Both raise me an inch over stock. Something to think about

·
Registered
172 Posts
screen

I won a Klockwerks 14" sport flare which looks the business but is poor on wind management.

i am 6'2" and now use a LRS 14" scorpion which does it for me - very little nois and buffetting.

James Ferlingere at LRS id a joy to deal with.

SLIM

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2017 RG special. Im 6'3" and catching tons of wind. Previous bike was an EG ultra classic. Found a 12" long ride shield that looks ok and is very affordable. Looking for some input if anyone has one of these windshields. Pictures too if possible.
Thanks.
I also have a 2017 RGS, I have a 13" LRS Thresher on mine, "Pics in my Garage" and it works Great!! Almost no wind on me and you cannot beat the price point. Like has been said the Service with James is the Best!!

RJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts