Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my 11" Thresher from LRS today. Put it on and went for a quick spin around the block.....got it up to about 55-60 for about half a minute.....seemed like the buffeting was much improved......and it looks good.....I'll try a couple of picks.....if I remember right it was about $53 plus $10to ship to WA.....looking forward to getting my CVO seat which may make it even better. FYI....I'm 6'2"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Looks good. Enjoy. Hard to bitch about it at that price. I like mine just fine. Thinking about buying another just cuss..

Reactions: Buzzy

·
Registered
256 Posts
Getting the CVO seat will help a little because it will seat you even a little lower.
But not sure why a 6'2" guy goes with an 11". I'm 5'10" and have a 14" and a 13". Don't think I could go down to the 11" without some buffeting.
I will say I'm sure it looks better with the shorter screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Getting the CVO seat will help a little because it will seat you even a little lower.
But not sure why a 6'2" guy goes with an 11". I'm 5'10" and have a 14" and a 13". Don't think I could go down to the 11" without some buffeting.
I will say I'm sure it looks better with the shorter screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks are why I started with an 11"..... for that price I figured if it didn't help a lot it wouldn't hurt too much to order a taller one.....for the little amount of time I have on it so far.....I think it'll do the trick......time will tell

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little update.....rode a few hours yesterday with the 11" LRS Thresher and the CVO seat.....felt really good...I could feel a little wind coming in the sides but nowhere near the buffeting I was experiencing before.....seat was a lot better than stock but I'll still need to get it dialed in a bit.....time to call Rich's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Wish they were closer to me. Shipping for a Stingray would have been $26. Decided not to add a 4th shield option to the bike. ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I started with a 13in Theasher light tint so I can see at night. If I sit up straight I see over it just fine. If I slouch the top edge is above my vision. So it's perfect. I'd still be tempted to try a 15in. For the price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I have a 10" and a 13" Thrasher and they are both great.

For the price they can't be beat.

Swomack

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I started with a 13in Theasher light tint so I can see at night. If I sit up straight I see over it just fine. If I slouch the top edge is above my vision. So it's perfect. I'd still be tempted to try a 15in. For the price.

My 16" is fine with the OEM seat or the Corbin tour. With the Low tour I see over it on level roads but on hilly winding roads I have to look through it a lot and with medium tint I wouldn't want to be caught out at night.

The 10" gives me a lot of wind and will start buffeting at 55 mph and above.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Today I pulled the trigger on an 11" thresher. Cost me $93 including shipping. I'm changing from a Klock Werks, going to be a bit of a change... looking forward to it being a good change.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Today I pulled the trigger on an 11" thresher. Cost me $93 including shipping. I'm changing from a Klock Werks, going to be a bit of a change... looking forward to it being a good change.
The Klock Werks Sports Flair is a great shield and looks great.

Problem was that with my apes, they hit the shield when turning hard right or hard left.

I still have it but it's just sitting in a box at this point.

The LRS 10" & 13" Thrashers work perfectly with my 16" apes.

They don't hit and I can fully lock up the neck which I couldn't do before.

Enjoy brother.

Swomack

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have both the Thresher and the Stingray, both in the 10" verson(yeah yeah I'm short(5'61/2")bite me) and they work fine for my vertically challanged ass.

Its tall enough that if I sit high in the saddle the wind hits about a 1/4" from the top of the helmet and if I slouch just a touch, no wind at all. I was on my way home from work this morning doing 90+ and it felt like I was doing 55. Not a worry in the world.

As an aside, you cant beat the price. I got the two of them shipped last year for less than any other single shield would have cost me and with change left over.

Mike

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

How tall are you? Inseam? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
5'4" short, 32in inseam. Used the directions on their website.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts