Road Glide banner

Long Slow Build

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  cabohman 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not super rich, so I have to start small. But at least the customizing has started.
To date, I have installed:
4 point docking system
Standard Backrest
Willy G gas cap cover
Harley Davidson 12" Windsplitter
Aftermarket derby cover

See less See more
#5 ·
Don't worry the only money you can spend is yours, you will appreciate the build as we'll as remember it a lot more when your done.

#7 · (Edited)
After my 300 mile ride, I soon realized what buffeting as all about. I now have a 12" Harley Wind Splitter installed. Will take photos of it and post them in a few. Does not eliminate 100% of the air, but my sunglasses stay in one spot now.

Next on the agenda is a Arlen Ness Big Sucker A/C kit. A local shop ordered one for a customer and then they didn't want it. They said the owner may cut me a deal on it

#14 ·
Hey Skid1, I have Willie G skull everything on my bike, and i wnat to black out my bike, but dont feel right blackening all the willie g stuff ...... so if you want, i'd be willing to trade the willie g stuff for stock stuff !!!

#19 ·
Very nice. Other members have said this, but I'll say it too. Just make it your own, and don't worry about dumping a ton of money into it all at once. my suggestion is do as much work on it as you feel comfortable doing. You'll hold a lot of pride in that bike if you turn the wrenches and put in the elbow grease! And do what you like. If you were to look at my bike, well, first i'll say I did all the work, and I did it more to the way my friends wanted me to do it. Then, I changed a lot of things to the way I like, and I love it so much more! Anyway, Great job and keep us all undated on the progress! And the derby cover is sick! nicely done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.