Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has extended the brake line for taller bars on an ABS equipped ROAD GLIDE? I want to know if you only change the line from the master cylinder to the box under the seat or all the way to the calipers. Also is bleeding the brakes the same as non ABS or is the procedure different. All these new threads on tall bars got me thinking. I'm 6'2" and had 16" wild 1's on my road king. I have the heritage bars on now but I don't like the wrist angel. I am thinking either 14" or 16", not sure yet. But curious about extending the brake line.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
You only have to replace from your master cylinder to the ABS module under your seat.
As for bleeding, I have read that you can do it the same as non ABS. However, Harley says you must have your dealer do it because it takes special equipment. The service manager at my dealer said that you cannot do it right at home, however he has given me some bad info in the past.
If it was me,.. I would change it out myself, but still take it to the dealer so they can bleed them. That way if something bad happens, you can still fall back on the MoCo because they bled them.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I went with a +10" two piece line from Magnashield and had no problems what so ever bleeding them afterwards. So far I have put almost 400 miles on it and everything is functioning just fine. Steeler is just trying to take more money from you.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I went with a +10" two piece line from Magnashield and had no problems what so ever bleading them afterwards. So far I have put almost 400 miles on it and everything is functioning just fine. Steeler is just trying to take more money from you.
Thats 2 people from forums that have told me they have bled ABS brakes with no problems,. so looks to be true.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts