Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here...converting to a RG but want a CVO. Is it worth the cost? Anybody out there with a RG they put cams and intake on and got same or better numbers? Just seems a lot of money for a Bike that has CVO tagged to it.
Thx for your help.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
New here...converting to a RG but want a CVO. Is it worth the cost? Anybody out there with a RG they put cams and intake on and got same or better numbers? Just seems a lot of money for a Bike that has CVO tagged to it.
Thx for your help.
More to it than just a few CID. Plenty of threads on here about those that have them and those that hate them. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra that I bought used at wholesale price. Love the bike, but unless there was a paint scheme I just couldn’t live without, I wouldn’t go CVO again. I’d rather put $$ in performance and accessories that mean the most to me.

One man’s opinion.Yours may vary.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
1. Do you want to build it your way or have it all done from the Fact?
2. Is there a certain Paint Set that is not offered in anything but CVO Trim?
3. Do you want better returns when it comes time to trade in or sell?

For me, it was all the above but my direct line was to #3.......CVO's will hold better value......they will still drop a tad but not as bad as a Non CVO - Take my '18 Gun Ship Gray.........$40K new and when I down sized, I was given only a few grand off that...........any other bike would have been a $5K loss before you even put the first mile on it

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Welcome to the Tank from Texas and enjoy!

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you are looking to hit the road right away with a RG that is loaded with all the options, a killer paint job and nice motor, then a CVO is the way to go, especially if can find one a few years old. Otherwise, you can by a base RG and spend the next few years and lots of money customizing it the way you want. Spend some time looking at the base RG, Special and CVO so you can see what each has or doesn't have.

I bought my 2012 CVO with 14K miles this past March for just under 20K and couldn't be any happier.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx guys for all your input. I read it all and have digested it. Thx...will let ya know my decision when it happens...oh and it will happen.
L&R
Twigzzz

·
Registered
609 Posts
I bought a 2011 cvo in early spring of 2015 with 7500 hundred miles-20500.00 which then was a great deal-guy wanted out-being a cvo had all of the extras I had added to my last bike-I added bars, cams ,exhaust,ext fender,ext bags and lots of miles-the book value is only a representation of what the dealer would sell for-no ultra available from 2014-cvo in 2015-2016- I am not sold on wet head with the twin cam-maybe the problems or gone with the m8--good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No CVO...I couldn't pay that much for a scooter. This one has VH tuner, Roland Sands breather, bassani 2 into one exhaust Andrews 57 H cams new bars and us spotless. 5000 km on the new cams 41,000 km on the scooter but she runs sweet. Price was the best I could find. Bought a tour pack from a buddy and now got a guy painting it. So there ya have it. Now we just gotta make it faster...lol
L&R
Twigzzz

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Great looking bike. You’ll enjoy. Congrats!

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Congrats on The Glide Twigzzz!
I have the Andrews 57H and Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1 Exhaust on My 2012 Custom and love them.
My Glide sounds great and runs awesome.
Hope You enjoy Yours too.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I was considering looking for a CVO when I bought my '18 RGS, but feel the stock engine with a Stage 1 was enough for me with regard to performance. There are other bells and whistles that come with the CVO (to include some incredible paint jobs!) but the thought of buying the RGS and making it my own with my own bells and whistles appealed to me more. Just my thought process...

Welcome to the tank from north Florida, and good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Like what was said above

You can purchase a CVO custom done at the factory, or you can buy a standard or a special, and make it your own.

I went with a special and modded it my way.

The CVO's are sweet but man I have to say, I like the way my bike turned out doing it my way not the factory way.

If I were to purchase a CVO it would have been a used one with low miles that was taken care of.

Many guys go out and purchase a CVO and spend the big bucks for it to then just sit in the garage.

Never understood that but hey, it's their money.

I still love the Skunk CVO and that rootbeer brown CVO from the past.

My favorite of all time is the battleship gray.

Swomack

1 - 20 of 27 Posts