Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 custom, that will have around 30k on the odometer by the time it gets parked for the winter. I would like more performance. So many options and price points not sure where to start. I want a rideable reliable build. Wife has a 2014 103. Doesn't feel like that much more than my 96. I have looked at doing a good wide range cam, a new 2-1 full header system, tuner, heads done and a good tune. Prices for that work, makes me wonder if throwing a few more bucks at it and going to a 103,106,107 cylinders and pistons. I don't need or want a 120-130HP monster but would like a bike with some more balls. I don't have an unlimited supply of cash, but do use the cry once theory. Buy once cry once. My riding is mostly back mountain roads. I avoid 4 lanes unless traveling. Fuel moto 107 looks cool, with either theirs or a Dragos pipe. S and S comes with a great rep, they don't supply a cam, so that opens options. I live less than 2hrs from Zippers. More I try to figure this stuff out and learn some things the more I am getting lost. Experience, pitfalls, recipes for this would be great.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
A 107" combination can be a big jump from what you have.
A 117" is another route.:)
Smooth, cool running combinations that also have great fuel economy.
Scott

·
Administrator
10,404 Posts
All depends , everyone is different , 30K doesn't "need" a re build ..

A good cam , like the S&S 551 , better breathing with a high flow air cleaner and a performance exhaust with a good tune ..

JtB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts