Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any reviews on the bluetooth headsets they are using? Wife and I looking at new wireless communication. I have a radio so music,s not a problem for me she rides a Heritage so like to have a decent sounding headset to use bluetooth and get music from her phone and like to have something battery life will hold up to a 500-700 mile day. Dont really care about making phone calls on one just communication when she is on her bike and music.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I recently bought the Scala G9 and really like it. It pairs up easy with other Scala headsets, battery life was about 7 hrs on average with intermittent talking between riders, real descent range, easy to install on helmets ( both half helmet and open 3/4 helmet.

I would buy it again, I hope this helps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
Sena SMH10 will do all that for you. I've had mine just over 3 years now, I'm not good at doing reviews, all I can say is it works as advertised, battery life is good, (it lasts all day), clear reception, and whenever they have an update, they send you an e-mail, you plug in, go to the site. ... 5 minutes later it's done. I'm very happy with mine.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
330 Posts
I recently bought the Scala G9 and really like it. It pairs up easy with other Scala headsets, battery life was about 7 hrs on average with intermittent talking between riders, real descent range, easy to install on helmets ( both half helmet and open 3/4 helmet.

I would buy it again, I hope this helps.

Ditto on the SCALA Rider G9 set. Most of the Bluetooth headset manufactures are continually upgrading their devices, and the costs are coming down as well. Read all the manufacture websites for the updated versions of their products and jump in when you see all the features you would consider.
I had my HK radio modified by Iron Cross by having them add a switched headphone output. It comes out the back of the radio and I plug a 3.5mm extension into that and run it out the inner fairing and speedo/tach console then up the handlebars to a SENA SM10 dual stream Bluetooth transmitter (half the size of a pack of cigs). It Bluetooth pairs with both our helmets with SCALA Rider G9's and I hear anything the radio/CD transmits. It is switched so the speaker switch on the dash manages the speakers and this new headphone output! I can also Bluetooth my cell phone to it or plug it in directly and/or MP3 unit...

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Sena SMH10 will do all that for you. I've had mine just over 3 years now, I'm not good at doing reviews, all I can say is it works as advertised, battery life is good, (it lasts all day), clear reception, and whenever they have an update, they send you an e-mail, you plug in, go to the site. ... 5 minutes later it's done. I'm very happy with mine.

Sent from my SPH-L710
++1 on Sena10. Me, dB & Hank Slim use our Sena for or SW3 trip. It worked great. I had mine on for 12 hours straight each day while playing mp3 via blue tooth, communicated with each other and answering phone calls along the way. Everything was clear. I must say, it's one of my best equipment added for riding comfort.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm another Scala G9 user. Love mine. Use them for 2-up riding with my wife or daughters, but really bought them for long rides with friends. Do your research and make a choice - but if you go with Sala Riders, there's a new model just hitting the market. It's the G9X. Let's you stream the same Bluetooth audio source to two headsets. I'll be upgrading before a long trip this summer. Grab the G9X or look for a price drop on the original G9 if you go with scala Riders.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
++1 on Sena10. Me, dB & Hank Slim use our Sena for or SW3 trip. It worked great. I had mine on for 12 hours straight each day while playing mp3 via blue tooth, communicated with each other and answering phone calls along the way. Everything was clear. I must say, it's one of my best equipment added for riding comfort.

Yes on the Sena10. Have all of our helmets setup to use it. Customer service is also great. Had a mount that was messed up and they sent me a new one and just said to keep the old one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So are both units transferrable between helmets? Nice reviews, sounds like either unit will work for what I am looking for. My wife also rides her own bike so we have been looking at communication systems. Ok stange question, is the mic hot on these units? I am singer and I am always singing to the radio. will it always pick this up?

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I'm not sure home many people can be connected on the Sena10. But I was able to connect 3 of us on our trip with no problem and still use all the functions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So are both units transferrable between helmets? Nice reviews, sounds like either unit will work for what I am looking for. My wife also rides her own bike so we have been looking at communication systems. Ok stange question, is the mic hot on these units? I am singer and I am always singing to the radio. will it always pick this up?
You push the button to talk on Sena units. No worries on singing.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

Sent from my SPH-L710
ditto on Sena smh10. However, I would recommend the optional ear buds ($34.95 per set) in lieu of in helmet speakers that are standard.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
You're right Jimmy. I have a couple of my modular helmets with the ear buds and wired boom mic.. They have a couple other options.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
ditto on Sena smh10. However, I would recommend the optional ear buds ($34.95 per set) in lieu of in helmet speakers that are standard.
I have the regular speakers in the modular helmets and ear buds for the half helmets. Only thing about the ear buds is the wire hanging around.

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
The Sena has the option of being voice activated or push to talk.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
"The Ball & Chain and I are very happy with our Cardo Scala Q3 Team Set.

On the Cardos the vox is adjustable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been running an smh10 for about three years, easy setup, great sound in my full face helmet. Easy install as well.

The bluetooth always connects instantly to the iphone, and streaming pandora through is is flawless.

I can take calls completely handsfree by simply saying hello.

going to be picking up an smh10r for my pitboss 3/4 helmet.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Another happy Sena SMH10 user here and I/we prefer to use them with a good set of earbuds versus the standard speakers. Great for talking bike to bike up to 4 riders, music listening with Pandora, phone use, GPS, etc. I just wish Sena could figure out how to make them work with the CB on the stock radio set up without the need for another device added to do so.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts