Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KST has a deal going right now and I'm considering bars. I'm 5'10" with short legs, short arms and a long torso. I typically ride all day rides and am looking for a more comfortable riding position. I am looking at the 12" Spearheads for the adjustability. All of the posts that I see are either people getting the 14"s or saying they wish they got the 14"s. Anyone ever get the 14"s and wish they had gotten the 12"s?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have the Pathfinders in 14" (black) like new in the classified if interested. Not trying to hijack your thread by any means. As for your question, most of all that I read and from experience, wished they went taller.

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,797 Posts
I went with 10" Renegades to keep my hands out of the air flow. Since then I wondered if 12" may have been a better choice and rolling them back. It's tough without a side by side first hand comparison. Spearheads weren't out back then but give you more flexibility by being able to turn in to help reach adjustment. I'm 5'11 and a 32" inseam for reference.

Reactions: NCPiper

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Stage II, RS-1, 2013 RGU, FM 110, Super Shox (rear)/Pro-Action (fork kit),
185 Posts
Contact KST, their new CNC was creating bars a little longer than the marketed size. I asked if they would measure some 12" bars for my RG's and they were happy to do so. I now have 13" Pathfinders and love the height. I'm on your team of the vertically challenged as well. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Pro-tip, when assembling KST adjustable bars, get yourself a 4lb dead blow hammer if you don’t already have one. They are cheap on amazon.

I wailed away with a rubber mallet as instructed, and my wrist has been sore for two months. And here I had not one, but two dead blow hammers in the shop.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have 14" pathfinders on my 2010 had 12" just want it a little taller for my riding style, just 5'-8" so hieght challenged to all you 6' guys.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Pro-tip, when assembling KST adjustable bars, get yourself a 4lb dead blow hammer if you don’t already have one. They are cheap on amazon.

I wailed away with a rubber mallet as instructed, and my wrist has been sore for two months. And here I had not one, but two dead blow hammers in the shop.
Can you explain the need for a dead blow hammer? Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the 12 pathfinders. Great bars, height is spot on. I’m 5”11. Best thing is the adjustability with the sides. I tried flat at first and they were too wide, brought the wrist angle in and they are perfect. I had also never installed bars myself and the process went smooth. They have a great install video, just take your time!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Please explain the need for the dead blow hammer. Was this to push the pin down in the center?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the Pathfinders in 14" (black) like new in the classified if interested. Not trying to hijack your thread by any means. As for your question, most of all that I read and from experience, wished they went taller.
Thank you for the tip on the sale of your Pathfinders. I'm always hunting for a bargain, but unfortunately they are the wrong color.

·
Registered
2017 RGS Olive Gold
428 Posts
Please explain the need for the dead blow hammer. Was this to push the pin down in the center?
When I installed mine, the pin was an easy tap with a punch and hammer. While I didn't use a dead blow for seating the uprights in the clamps, it would have been nice. I ended up placing a scrap piece of 2X4 between the upright and my hammer to seat the uprights.

·
Registered
2020 RGL
562 Posts
He had a forum titled KST Spearhead uprights you may want to check out. It was an issue getting the bars to sit down on the sides.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
He had an issue getting his seated the whole way. I myself did not and it's actually the first I heard of any trouble with putting them together.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for the feedback. After speaking with Brett at KST, I ordered the 12" Spearheads and he recommended the wire harness extension for the 2021. He offered to swap out the bars to the 14" if I installed the 12" and thought I needed to go higher. Sounds like a solid offer and 20% off right now, I pulled the trigger. I'll post up some pics after I have them installed.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Pretty cool offer from KST, thanks for sharing, next time around I'll look at them when I need another set of bars.
Post back a review after you put a few thousand miles on the new ones.

·
Premium Member
Bastardized 2011 FLTRU
493 Posts
KST is a great company and their customer service and pricing can’t be best IMO. I went back and forth with them on a couple different bar bends and ended up with their 12” Straight Jackets and have been extremely pleased in both quality as well as comfort. I picked them up via a Memorial Day sale earlier this year for $150 on their website…….

1 - 20 of 20 Posts