Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts
You can get them cheaper from other places. I'm not an advocate for JM, I had them but went to something else. They are much better than stock.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
264 Posts
Are these good speakers for the money. Would like to add at some point down the road a 4 channel amp and inner fairing speakers. Would these be a good starting point with noticeable difference over stock speakers? Thanks in advance for any input! http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HRSK-7252GTM
Just removed mine after about 2 years of having them. They served me well, but if I knew then what I know now (lol), I would go with a pair of infinity kappas 62.11i and the JL audio adapters. These will cost a lot less and be a lot ouder. And they are 2 ohm just like the rokkers. Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to audio stuff, are the kappas just bolt on and marine grade, built in tweeters? Looking for something I can build on as well, a good starting point!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have been happy with J&M Rokkers and Bazooka 200.4 amp for the last 2 years.

IMO you really need to add an amp to any speaker set to really wake them up!

·
Registered
985 Posts
I got a set a J&M off a forum member a couple weeks ago for my fairing and gotta say. Were easy to install and sound awesome in the garage. Don't know about or a ride but i do know there clearer and louder

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Watertrapper-- don't take anyone's word for what speaker is best. Will depend on you. Could a $125 set of kappas sound better to you than a $1000 set of focals? Possibly. Could a $125 set of Kappas sound like ass to you and you "need" to spend a bit more? Yes. Spend a lot more? Again, possibly.

I have run a number of different speakers (stock to middle to high end). Others here (cough..DBell...cough) have run more plus have technical expertise. All I can say is you gotta listen to them. Everyone likes what they like.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The J&M components are definitely a system that you can grow with, the speakers are efficient enough that they work well with the stock Head Unit.

One of the reasons that I went with the J&M, is that all their stuff is plug n play, all the wiring harnesses and components are designed to the Harleys.
(don't know about cutting the inner fairing for speakers? I didn't have the balls to consider cutting the inner fairing on the SERG!)

J&M Rokkers/XTs in the Fairing/Vented Lowers, Rokker 500 in the fairing, Iron Cross Audio preamp outs = clear music at 90+!!! at about 3/4 volume!!!

Eastern Performance Cycles a good place to purchase!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate all the responses,,,,like you heat wave im looking for plug and play! I have zero knowledge on stereos or how to wire them myself so I would def feel safer with just being able to plug in. The J&M like u said look to be that way and by the sound of if no matter what kind of speakers I choose to start with they will be quite a bit better than the stock speakers that are currently in it. Figure I would start with two, then add amp and inners later on this summer. As far as the inners go im hoping a knowledgeable forum member lives somewhat close to me so I can have some assistance in that upgrade,lol.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I've had my J&M system for almost 2 years now. I love it. Along the same lines as what GlideShark said though, ask 100 people about Audio and you'll get 100 different answers.

For me, J&M have 2 Major things going for them.

1) They are plug and play. I had absolutely no problem installing them on my RG Ultra. I went with the Rokker XT series front and rear and the 4 channel, 500W amp.

2) John stands behind his product 100%. I had a speaker go bad about a month ago. He replaced it right away, no questions asked. Lifetime warranty on his products for as long as you own the bike. He does draw the line at the next owner though, but that shouldn't steer you away from the product.

John is a member of the forum here and even has his own forum room. Look it up and ask him any questions you can think of.

Are there better systems out there? Probably, but just a likely there are a lot worse.

Is a J&M system worth the money? I think so. I've been very happy with mine.

Can you hear it at speed? I routinely cruise between 75 and 85 mph and have no problems listening to my music.

I know that John travels the country going to most of the major Bike Shows/Rallies. Check his schedule and see if he's going to be at a show near you any time soon. Go listen to what he has on display.

Also, Check out any local Bike nights in your area. Talk to people, listen to what they have on their bikes. If you find something you like, find out what they have. That's the only real way to be happy with a system, pick the one that sounds good to you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ran the J&M Rokker XT fairing speakers for about a week fed just from the head unit while I was waiting for my amp to arrive. The sound was definitely better than stock. I ended up with the J&M Rokker XT's in the fairing as well as the saddlebag lids powered by the J&M 500w amp. I was very happy with the sound. The only thing I have to compare that setup with is my '13 CVO Shark that I ride now. The J&M is much better than stock CVO. I still have the fairing speakers from that bike & will be installing them as soon as the bike comes out of storage for the year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just removed mine after about 2 years of having them. They served me well, but if I knew then what I know now (lol), I would go with a pair of infinity kappas 62.11i and the JL audio adapters. These will cost a lot less and be a lot ouder. And they are 2 ohm just like the rokkers. Good luck.
What JL Audio Adapters are you referring to? Do you have a link? Thanks...

·
Registered
275 Posts
You can get them cheaper from other places. I'm not an advocate for JM, I had them but went to something else. They are much better than stock.

Sent from my SPH-L710
I can't say this better....JM are so highly priced that I thought I was getting top of the line gear. I was mistaken and am now in the process of removing them and going with something else.....just haven't figured out what yet.

dbell is absolutely correct that they are better than stock but just not loud and good enough quality for me.

I was shipped one of the earlier amps from them that has the issue with low voltage and does not come on all the time. JM said they would fix it but I have to ship back on my dime. That pretty much did it for me...why would I have to pay for shipping back a product of theirs that has a defect that they admitted to?? I'm still puzzled by this. No more JM for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts