Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd see if anyone had a relocation kit for a 13 available before I buy new. I would rather have the adjustable but will consider a fixed one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
376 Posts
What kind of kit are you looking for? I put a fork lift seat adjuster on mine to be able to move the tourpak back and forth about 4-5 inches. My wife loves it and it gets her off my back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I was looking for and never thought of that. Can you tell me a little about how you did it? Thanks!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy at work and kind of forgot about logging in.

Here is a link for an adjuster like the one I used. When I ordered it I ended up with two. I think I still have that other one laying around.

New Caterpillar Forklift Parts Adjuster Kit Seat PN 970839 | eBay

I think I've got some pictures of when I did the mod, but it would take some digging to find them, and I'm getting ready to leave for a couple weeks.
Biggest thing was figuring the best way it was going to fit, and drilling some new holes in the tour pak. Then getting the spacing right so it sat level and correctly. It wasn't terrible, but it took some thinking to get it right. It seems to work pretty well, and I can move it from the stock position to back about 4" I think. She rides with it all the way back, but when it's just me I move it back up. Also, it did raise the tour pak about at least an inch because the adjusters just go between the tour pak mount and the tour pak itself. It's not the best, but it really seems to work for $40 compared to what they want for an aftermarket one. I suppose I could make it fit better maybe, but this works for us and I'm not going to mess with it until it's broken!

Ok I looked up the pictures to make this easier to understand.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts