Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It’ll be set up very similar to this :

Reactions: Ike Burns

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
809 Posts
I like the Andrews 37b in my twinkie.

Reactions: Bigmeat45

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My last road glide was an 02. Why are they sought after?
The engine bearing is a Timken. They’re much better for stunting because they spend a lot of time on the engine limiter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The engine bearing is a Timken. They’re much better for stunting because they spend a lot of time on the engine limiter.
Thats what I figured. I reckon thats cheaper than buying a newer one and converting as well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Definitely. It was a lot of work this winter splitting my engine case and building it from the ground up. If you pay someone to do that it does get pricey.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Congrats glad you found what you were looking for, and made some good memories and a story with the purchase. Now where is the picture of it all stripped down ;)

Waiting on parts at this point. The suspension is coming off and being replaced. I got a deal from a buddy of mine on a new set that’ll raise her up 2”.

The bars were aftermarket HD that I pulled off. Really heavy for how small they were. But it’s funny to see other people’s work that they leave behind.

Going to run a Bassanni 2:1 and add a nice jet kit from DynoJet. That should be done later today.

Got the Thrashin 6.5” risers mounted with their mid bend bar. Thankfully the wiring didn’t need to be lengthened and running the wires into the new bar was super easy. Once I got the old bars off, it took me about an hour to get them repinned and threaded thru. I wasn’t wanting to have to solder again but so far, so good.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks Ike. Suspension is in today going to pick it up now. I got talked into running a Legends front and rear. My bud wants me to convert from Ö and I asked him to put his money where his mouth is. So he did and I’ll try it out.

Reactions: Ike Burns

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Reactions: mhopton and Zedbra

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
What shape are the cam chain tensioners in? The inner tends to wear the worst. I have 30k on originals, not much wear. The hydraulic kit is the upgrade solution.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What shape are the cam chain tensioners in? The inner tends to wear the worst. I have 30k on originals, not much wear. The hydraulic kit is the upgrade solution.
Everything looks like it’s in good shape. We’re doing the cam tomorrow morning so that box will be checked.

Reactions: 18 Wicked Special

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I know the feeling, when I found my dyna street bob, unfortunately it was a 500 mike round trip, but well worth it as I was scooting around this weekend , just got it tagged and inspected, awesome feeling, good luck Matt.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Holy fuck, that thing all jacked up, never seen so much daylight!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Holy fuck, that thing all jacked up, never seen so much daylight!
I went with 14” piggy packs for the rear and 2” over Legends drop in’s on the front. I sort of regret getting a 1” longer kick stand but there’s a lot of uneven parking out here in Vegas.

She’s definitely got some thigh gap!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Man, I love the look of that for an everyday, runaround scoot that will carve the canyons, too. Nice job Meat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Compared to the baggers, she feels like a toy. So easy to rip on.

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Man, I love the look of that for an everyday, runaround scoot that will carve the canyons, too. Nice job Meat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also, my RGs are 124/128 builds. The later being a “hold on to your ass” kind of ride.
This thing is so damn slow but I’m enjoying riding it. My crew has it at 6-0 that I will do the heads and top end. I’m trying to prove these bastards wrong but I’m already looking at options 😂😂😂. If I do it, I won’t tell them. LET THEM EAT CAKE.

Reactions: mhopton
21 - 40 of 49 Posts