Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for a paint shop that can do a fairly close match on the Harley black denim? I'm going to get extended bags this winter and will need to have them color matched. Recommendations would be appreciated. I'm in Northwest Arkansas but willing to ship anywhere in the country.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done quite a bit of black denim as well as the other denim colors, it always turns out perfect but it does take a bag of tricks to get it flawless.[/URL]
Fantastic. Now I have a couple of options. Please PM me with an estimate. Will be 2 extended bags (aftermarket so will require some prep) and the factory lids.

Are you in Placerville, CA? That's crazy. I spent a lot of time there growing up. My grandparents lived in Placerville up until their passing. For many years they owned the historic Plumado house on Bedford drive. Me and my cousins spent day after day exploring the old Gold Bug park and mine before they gated the old mine up :)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I will put a quote together for you, what brand bags do you have? Some brands take more prep than others to make them look nice.

We moved to Pville 8 years ago from Seattle and like it a lot, it's my family home town and my dad, uncle and all my cousins grew up here, I moved north when dad got a job at Boeing in 1958.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't settled on brand yet. I know that it won't be a $1000 pair though. Probably go with the ABS due to cost considerations.

If you've got a preferred brand you like working with please feel free to make a recommendation. Up to now I've been considering;

V-Twin Manufacturing
Eastern Performance Cycles
Baggerbags (this is the one fiberglass option)
Native Custom Baggers
Top Custom Baggers

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Topshop are the best out there and are the only ones that come fully lined with a removable floor to put tools, etc. under. They are vacuum infused fiberglass based and are super strong.

I don't care for the Chinese aftermarket ABS bags, to brittle if they get hit, I also wouldn't recommend Bagger Bags to my worst enemy, I've seen some of the trash they ship out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I will put a quote together for you, what brand bags do you have? Some brands take more prep than others to make them look nice.

We moved to Pville 8 years ago from Seattle and like it a lot, it's my family home town and my dad, uncle and all my cousins grew up here, I moved north when dad got a job at Boeing in 1958.
Can I get a quote for just a saddlebag lid in denim black? I managed to get some scratches on the left side saddlebag lid on my 2015 within a couple of thousand miles of buying the bike and it's already starting to aggravate me. Thanks

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Topshop are the best out there and are the only ones that come fully lined with a removable floor to put tools, etc. under. They are vacuum infused fiberglass based and are super strong.

I don't care for the Chinese aftermarket ABS bags, to brittle if they get hit, I also wouldn't recommend Bagger Bags to my worst enemy, I've seen some of the trash they ship out.
Thanks for the heads up RoadHawg. BaggerBags are off the list :)

But there's no way that I can afford a $900 set of extended bags from TopShop Carbon. Their bags are beautiful and I'm sure that they are worth every penny, but it's just outside of my budget when I figure in the cost to paint as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts