Road Glide banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Look up D-Tech Coatings. They do an exchange on Harley stuff but they send you the powdered stuff first and then refund a core once you send yours back. I’ve done a lot of business with them and have never been disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Look up D-Tech Coatings. They do an exchange on Harley stuff but they send you the powdered stuff first and then refund a core once you send yours back. I’ve done a lot of business with them and have never been disappointed.

Great site. Thanks for sharing that. They are out of stock on 2020 jiffy stands and mounting bracket right now. But yes they got a lot of powder coated gloss black stuff readily available.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

I'll Second that...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just purchased a new 2020 RGS a couple of weeks ago. It's barracuda silver denim and gloss black. But the kickstand is chrome. I want a gloss black one. Found one on drag specialities. But sold out. Any info on one would be great.
Thanks.
Great color choice on your 2020.....I may be impartial lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just had a local powder coater give me a price of $100ish to do a gloss black on: Kickstand, kickstand mount, axle nut covers, derby cover, horn bracket, and shift linkage. I'm taking all that in to see how it comes out and I'll post results. Oh, there is also that little bracket that holds on the exhaust...I might throw that in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My buddy's CVO has a black jiffy stand, black shift rod and my Special is all Black but both items are Chrome? I did what Phrogg said and checked the #'s at Harley and they were ridiculous. The Dennis Kirk ones sound like a good deal, but then that low of a price worries me about quality?

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Just sent my shit to a local guy. $150 bucks for the kick stand, kick stand mount, detachable tour pack mount, kuryakyn lay down brake pedal, and the horn bracket.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looking at the kickstands, I see no reason why the old kickstand would not work on an M8. Looks like the only thing that changed is the mount has a threaded hole instead of a nut on the other side of the hole. To be clear, the earlier ones used a nut on one of the mounting holes and the M8 does not.

Still going powder coat route, but I think it’s safe to purchase the older part number and replace it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just purchased a new 2020 RGS a couple of weeks ago. It's barracuda silver denim and gloss black. But the kickstand is chrome. I want a gloss black one. Found one on drag specialities. But sold out. Any info on one would be great.
Thanks.
Try D Tech Coatings !

21 - 36 of 36 Posts