Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone, I have a 2005 R.G. and I would like to be able to talk to my wife and listen to music,we already have the helmets that have speakers in them with the mic's. Does anyone have any ideals, I know that the 2011 R.G. HAE A SYSTEM,that one plug,plugs in over the gas tank and the other plug,plugs in on the passenger left side of the passenger. Is the there any way I could have that same set-up for my 2005 R.G. ?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Your year is the last year that the radio in your is made by Radio Sound. If you don't have an Ultra. You would need to find an Ultra radio that had the intercom in the radio for 1998-2005. (1998-2003 was Cassette, 2004-2005 was CD) You will also need the wiring for the intercom. You can not use any intercom stuff for 2006 and later.

Starting in 2006, Harley changed the manufacturer (Harman/Kardon) of the radio. The Intercom in inside every radio and just needs to be activated and the additional wiring purchased to have the intercom. Any intercom system for 2006 and later can not be used in your bike unless you change the radio to the H/K radio. There has been threads posted by some that have changed the radio.

The only way for you to add the intercom to yours without changing to the H/K is to search the dealers for an Ultra CB Up Grade kit, or eBay for the radio. Or you can go with the aftermarket to add the intercom. One is the J&M Corp.

Good luck with your choice.

Ultra Radio w/CD 76146-04
w/cassette 76146-98
Regular Radio CD 76164-04
w/cassette 76164-98

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RoadGlideRider, I have a few more question.

Thanks,Road Glide Rider,
So if I buy a new or fine a used H/K radio it will be what I want?
and I will also need the wiring also? Where do I fine the radio and the wiring?
and is there a model number I should ask for. And do you know how much this all will cost about?And is their a web site I can fine what I need.thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Thanks,Road Glide Rider,
So if I buy a new or fine a used H/K radio it will be what I want?
and I will also need the wiring also? Where do I fine the radio and the wiring?
and is there a model number I should ask for. And do you know how much this all will cost about?And is their a web site I can fine what I need.thanks for your help.
You can use the H/K but you will need to change some of the controls and all speakers. You will need to get at least a 2006 service manual and part catalog. This will give you the information to change the wiring to accept the new radio set up.

The easy way is to get the 2005 Ultra radio and add the Ultra wiring harness. (I see them on ebay.) That has the wiring for the intercom. You will not need to change the switches and speakers. It would be just a Plug N Play type of a set up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
intercom install for 2007 RG

Has anyone installed a factory intercom on a 2007 Road Glide. I've been told the wiring harness is already on the bike and I would just need the headset plug-in cord and flash the radio. And of course headsets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts