Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a map for a power vision. My ride is 2012 glide with a stock 103, screamin eagle heavy breather and vance and hines pro pipe 2 into 1 exhaust.
With the map fuel moto sent me the bike runs great but it pings like a bitch between 2-3000 rpm range. I have tried the auto tune three different times with the same outcome. Ping, ping, ping. Hoping someone mite have a fix for me.
Thanks in advance.:D

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Not to mention, I'm sure Jamie will help to resolve the problem.

It's odd tho, I've never once had pinging issues with my set up. Even when hotter than hades. Maybe you're in too tall a gear for the load? I rarely shift before 3k and when I'm in 6th RPM is almost always above 3k...

You might consider "Load copy current tune" (wording is weird, but it downloads a copy of what's in the ECM) to the Power Vision unit, then take the PV unit to your computer where WinPV is installed, hook it up and download the "Copy of current tune" and the tune you got from Fuel Moto. Open one tune, then load compare. If you don't see very obvious differences in the before auto tune map and your ECMs current map, then you may not be doing Autotune correctly. It's easy to make a mistake in the process.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
I am looking for a map for a power vision. My ride is 2012 glide with a stock 103, screamin eagle heavy breather and vance and hines pro pipe 2 into 1 exhaust.
With the map fuel moto sent me the bike runs great but it pings like a bitch between 2-3000 rpm range. I have tried the auto tune three different times with the same outcome. Ping, ping, ping. Hoping someone mite have a fix for me.
Thanks in advance.:D
We can very easily revise your map for you. To request tuning assistance you can use the map request form http://www.fuelmotousa.com/fuel-maps.html you will include your bike info, attach your current map, and let us know any specific issues you are encountering. If you need additional assistance you are also welcome to contact our technical dept at 920-423-3309

1 - 5 of 5 Posts