Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone,
I am looking for a new dual exhaust for my 2011 RGU that fits better and has better clearance than my current Klock Works double back exhaust.

Here is a few pictures of this system.

This is my major area of complaint with the system. To try and take the side cover off is an act of god. And it has scratched my paint on the side cover also.

I also want to go to black this time instead of chrome. I also have Von Braun mufflers on my exhaust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got Reinhart header and Slimline duals as a stage 1 kit with a screaming eagle intake and Fuelpak 3. It satisfies your requirements from my reading.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got Reinhart header and Slimline duals as a stage 1 kit with a screaming eagle intake and Fuelpak 3. It satisfies your requirements from my reading.
Yes I am just looking for an exhaust that is routed more like stock. This KW double back sounded good on paper but once I got it mounted it isn't as great. And I have tried to loosen all the clamps and mounts to see if I could move it or shake it to make it move it didn't help.

I've got a Power Vision tuner already and cams & intake.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you stuck on it being true dual, or would a 2-1-2 work for you?
No a 2-1-2 would work also. My understanding from years ago was that the 2-1-2 was better for torque/power than a true dual. Of course I didn't find that out until after I had bought my current exhaust. What ever is going to be the BETTER option is what I would like. My only criteria is that it is offered in black.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Then the Jackpot 2-1-2 would be something to look at. Fuel Moto sells them for about $499. They fit under your oem shields, so the footprint is the same as oem. If you don't like the squished oem crossover pipe, they also sell one of those that is not mashed.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then the Jackpot 2-1-2 would be something to look at. Fuel Moto sells them for about $499. They fit under your oem shields, so the footprint is the same as oem. If you don't like the squished oem crossover pipe, they also sell one of those that is not mashed.
Hehehehe,
I don't know if I even still have my stock heat shields anymore. But I will take a look at them.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hehehehe,
I don't know if I even still have my stock heat shields anymore. But I will take a look at them.
Lots of them on ebay. Prolly less expensive to buy a set of used oem and that pipe as opposed to another pipe that comes with its own shields.

If you like the true dual look, S&S makes a 2-1-2 pipe that looks like duals. It doesn't flow as well as the x style pipes, but its better than actual duals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts