Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the radio in my 06 finally gave up the goast. I've been looking on ebay at different kits as I want to keep my hand controls is there a radio that is recommended for under 300 bucks

·
Registered
48 Posts
It will be difficult to stay under 300. I can recomend the Aquatic AV series. Direct plug and play no adapters needed to interface with the Harley controls. I installed mine this year. Very happy with it great radio.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Crutchfield

well the radio in my 06 finally gave up the goast. I've been looking on ebay at different kits as I want to keep my hand controls is there a radio that is recommended for under 300 bucks
I just installed a regular stereo in my Street Glide. I bought an adapter kit from Crutchfield (about $80 total!) that hooks a standard deck and you just program the module for either the Ultra or Standard style.

Your other option is to buy a steering wheel control style deck that might interface or something like Ginee13 mentioned.

To stay under $300 my way is probably the cheapest. PM me if you want details.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
It will be difficult to stay under 300. I can recomend the Aquatic AV series. Direct plug and play no adapters needed to interface with the Harley controls. I installed mine this year. Very happy with it great radio.
+1^^^^
I got the Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5BT-H in my bike and it works great IMO.
I got the head unit for $199. They also make a AQ-MP-5UBT-H model which runs in the $300 range.
The Aquatic radios are completely WATERPROOF so there is no need to worry when washing the bike or riding in the rain and you don't need to buy a rain shield like you do with other aftermarket head units.
Also the Aquatic is a direct plug & play unit and it bolts in just like your stock headunit so you don't need a adapter kit, it also uses all your stock hand controls so there is no need for a interface kit.
The aquatic head units also put out 288 watts on a 2 ohm system or 72 watts to a speaker. this is a big bonus because you don't need a amp unless you want to go to a 500 watt amp.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ironmark where did you pick it up for 199 I found one place online but I'm not sure if it is the kind that is plug or play or not

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Unfortunately the price on the Aquatic Av radios have gone up substantially in a short time. The one that Ironmark has is now $299 virtually everywhere and I paid $349 for my model it is now $499. Aquatic Av started in the boat (marine) business so make sure the radio your looking at has the "H" designation at the end of the identifying number (AQ-MP-5BT-H) for the Harley handlebar controls

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Ironmark where did you pick it up for 199 I found one place online but I'm not sure if it is the kind that is plug or play or not
I got mine from 702 Motoring which is located in Las Vegas , NV
If it is the Aquatic AQ-MP-5BT-H or the AQ-MP-5UBT-H then it is a plug and play model for Harley.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I replaced mine with a Kenwood..with the angle of the dashboard, you can not see the info on the face when in any sunlight AT ALL...I sent my factory radio to Iron Cross and am waiting on it to come back and going to put it back in... Also had them add the Bluetooth option...

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Holy Shit! I just checked out the prices on the Aquatic AV units and they took a big jump since I got mine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So........I'm looking at the Aquatic AQ-MP-5UBT-H as a replacement head unit on my 2005 FLTRI. Looks like they are running $499 on Ebay.

All I am looking for is a good/quality radio....weatherproof (I ride in the rain) that retains the handlebar controls and I want to be able to load some tunes on a flash drive and plug it in and go. Oh.........It must be plug and play........I don't want to jack with the factory wiring harness.

Currently I have the stock stereo......cd player doesn't work......and I am running Hog Tunes speakers.

Thoughts.......

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Call J&M and ask about a forum discount on this.

JENS-HD1BT Product Information

They gave me 20% off back in March 2015, putting the radio at $320. Retains handlebar controls, plug and play, waterproof, blutooth, USB. Slightly louder than factory. I added the XM module later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts