Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Central Texas, just south of Austin and looking for a few days road trip. I need to get out of town and just ride and blow out the cobwebs. Looking for suggestions, preferably in Northern Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana or Oklahoma. Any help out there?

·
Registered
327 Posts
You can't go wrong with the NW Arkansas area. Between Eureka Springs and Harrison south to Russellville is some dang great riding.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
You just missed a meet and great a few weeks ago. We all met at Koyote Ranch outside of Kerville. We had at least 20 fellow RG bikers. It was a blast :D

Depending on how may times you have been to hill country, you have some amazing roads to ride. Or like another member, suggested Hot Springs is one my favorite areas!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You just missed a meet and great a few weeks ago. We all met at Koyote Ranch outside of Kerville. We had at least 20 fellow RG bikers. It was a blast :D

Depending on how may times you have been to hill country, you have some amazing roads to ride. Or like another member, suggested Hot Springs is one my favorite areas!
Yeah, I saw the M&G at Koyote, but the scooter was in the paint shop and the wife's bike is a softail. Didnt want to get run out on a pole. I am close to New braunfels and yes there are some extremely great rides in the Hill Country, but need to get further away for a few days, and go somewhere new. I am thinking about throwing my tent on the bike and heading for Big Bend.
I am starting a new project at work soon that will tie me to the office until late October with high stress, figured I better get going or I will miss my opportunity. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can't go wrong with the NW Arkansas area. Between Eureka Springs and Harrison south to Russellville is some dang great riding.
I was just reading a story about the riding around Eureka Springs. Sounds like a possiblity. We planned a trip to Tennessee and Kentucky, but unfortunately my wife recently broke her foot and is not up to riding with me this year. I need to blow out of here, but dont want to get too far away in case she needs me back in a hurry. Thanks for the siggestion, it is definitely a contender.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Head up to Paris Texas and cross into Oklahoma thru Antlers, up to Clayton , over to Talahina and then pick up the Talamena Drive into Mena Ark. From there shoot over to Hot Springs, then up the Pig Trail into Eureka . From there you can go east to Harrison and down south back to Hot Springs via a multitude of twisties . Reverse the order at Hot Springs and back home. you wont find any better riding anywhere than this route without doing some long distances to get to where the good roads are. Once you get to Antlers, Ok you wont find a straight road from there on up. eureka is a great biker town. In fact there is a meet and greet there on the weekend of MAy 9th-12th. There is a thread for the gathering in this section called OK/TX.LA/AR the sequel or something like that . Check it out and good riding!!!:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Sooner. I am definitely going to do that one, but probably not this go around. Unfortunately my departure is the weekend after the meet and greet. The route sounds awesome and I am looking forward to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts