Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to buy a solo seat and I'm leaning towards a Corbin because it sit's you back an inch and down an inch. Don't care about the height I'm 6'1 so I got plenty of leg I just want to go back a little. I worry the Corbin for touring might be too hard. I got a corbin on my other bike and it's great for quick trips but after 150 miles or so I get squirmy. Just want to see what other options I have for a long legged guy.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I've owned a Mustang Vintage solo. Nice seat. But stiff. Sits down and back a bit. My Saddleman dominator solo sat you up and forward. Looked good but may as well been sitting on bricks. Worst seat ever. I now have the p&a cvo solo seat. Down at least an inch. More likely and back about 2" and I can go tank to tank as far as comfort. It's a softer seat. And it looks great.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have a Mustang Vintage solo with backrest.... I have ridden 500-600 mile days and its great. If you want to meet up one weekend and check it out let me know we can meet half way.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have a LePera Monterey solo sits you back & down about an inch or two. I have detailed reviews in other posts.
LePera has three different touring solo seats with the Monterey being the largest.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've owned a Mustang Vintage solo. Nice seat. But stiff. Sits down and back a bit. My Saddleman dominator solo sat you up and forward. Looked good but may as well been sitting on bricks. Worst seat ever. I now have the p&a cvo solo seat. Down at least an inch. More likely and back about 2" and I can go tank to tank as far as comfort. It's a softer seat. And it looks great.
I been lookin at these, is yours the seat in the big parts catalog or the one that comes on CVO’s....or are they the same?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Echo the mustang super solo. I was not all that enamored with it till I changed my bars and realized my biggest problem was the bars not the seat. I can do 500 easy in a day. No problem.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
is that the 52000248 seat? hard to tell from the small pic...I wonder,too,if the 52000249 is the same seat but without the "stitching"? I like the looks of that seat better than the super solo.

I don't mean to hijack this thread,but thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Mustang looks real comfy but I'm not a fan of the exposed hardware since I removed all the chrome off the bike and that logo between my legs would annoy the crap out of me. If I get a corbin it will have a black logo to disappear in the seat. Nascar teams get millions from sponsors to plaster their names on a ride,
I'm not doing it for free lol. The CVO seat is nice with the softer foam but some reviews said it doesn't have enough padding for bigger guys and I'm 220lbs. I heard Corbin has a softer foam if you don't want the hard stuff, can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I been lookin at these, is yours the seat in the big parts catalog or the one that comes on CVO’s....or are they the same?
They are close. The real cvo seat is leather on the top. Vinyl on the sides. Visually there is no difference.

is that the 52000248 seat? hard to tell from the small pic...I wonder,too,if the 52000249 is the same seat but without the "stitching"? I like the looks of that seat better than the super solo.

I don't mean to hijack this thread,but thought I'd ask.
I believe they are the same seat just the stitching is different. The stitching actually matched my pale gold.pinstrioe.

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
+1 on the mustang super solo, I love mine it does sit you back but I actually think it raises you a smidge, which I actually like, more room to the boards.
+2 on the super solo. according to mustang it sits you back about 1.5 in and up about .5 inch, which makes sense, since when you move back on the bike you're moving up on the rear fender. there is more "spring" in the solo seat, too.

i didn't think i would like the backrest but now i "don't leave home without it" lol you can also add the pillion for a passenger.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are close. The real cvo seat is leather on the top. Vinyl on the sides. Visually there is no difference.

I believe they are the same seat just the stitching is different. The stitching actually matched my pale gold.pinstrioe.
After much thought I decided to go with the CVO seat. This is the actual seat and the backrest I'm getting from CVObackrest.com. Everyone that has one that I ask seems to love this seat. It's half the price of the Corbin. It looks great and it's leather. Can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The CVO seat is super comfortable and it does sit you down and back. The only downside with it sitting me lower is that now my legs are bent further leading to cramps on long distance rides. I've since ordered the Kuryakyn Swept Wing Blades to let me stretch out my legs some more. I didn't want to add pegs to my crash bar for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The CVO seat is super comfortable and it does sit you down and back. The only downside with it sitting me lower is that now my legs are bent further leading to cramps on long distance rides. I've since ordered the Kuryakyn Swept Wing Blades to let me stretch out my legs some more. I didn't want to add pegs to my crash bar for a cleaner look.
I know what you mean. I couldn't live without my highway pegs though. It kills the cramps and evenly distributes my weight on my ass and thighs instead of all my weight on my butt bone. I'm on the floorboards maybe 20% of the time.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I got my seat and backrest today. The seat is perfect and I love how it feels. I can't wait to ride on it (Raining today) However, the backrest is crooked as hell. Who's in charge of QC at Harley. I knew it was crooked 2 seconds out of the box. WTF!! Dude must have been high when he stitched this up. It's going back for a new one. The white line runs right down the center bolt in the back for a reference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts