Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Havnt heard of any

I dont know for sure but I think most bar end mirrors actually insert into the end of the bar and this seems impossible on a 2008 tru 2011 because of the Throttle By Wire. But I sure am no expert. Just my 2cents

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Has anyone ever seen bar-end mirrors for the 2010s?
If you know of some, would you share a link?
thanks!
Never seen 'em, and I have looked and thought of ways to make some. It would only be possible on the left hand side though, the TBW setup can't be worked around anyway that I see. It could be done, but it would twist with the throttle.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. Thats sorta what i was thinking...now to ask myself, can i get by with just one mirror? hmmm...seems like everyone has the Arlen Ness mirrors and I was looking for something different. But i have been looking for 2 months and cant seem to find anything that I like.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Check your state laws. Kansas only requires 1 mirror (on the left hand side). Most states used to be the same, but some have changed and require 2. For highway riding, there is no need for 2 mirrors. The only time you miss it, is in town when there are a lot of cages around.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Thats a pretty good idea! We had a discussion a while ago about fairing mounted mirrors, but none of us ever did it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
they are very stable as you go down the road, I have a 300+ miles on them now and am very happy.

There was some tricky engineering invloved to make them right. I'm considering offering an exchange modification service that would give a guy mirrors with all hardware and instructions for an affordable price.

I have done some other local Roadglides and they are happy having them on the fairing so far.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
something like this?

Woah!
That is certainly different! I have never seen that done before.
Not sure how I feel about that mod. without actually riding with them like there.
Thank you for the suggestion! Keep em coming!

·
Registered
435 Posts
looks like you drilled through the windshield and mounted em.....maybe chaonsaw or some other member will try it and give close up pics without trying to make money on a mod.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
As much as I appreciate Road Hawgs suggestion and offer... you others are jacking my thread!
Thats what we do best here,.. hi-jack threads. Never intentionally, I think we all have A.D.D. or something. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts