Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
That unit requires an add on GPS unit. The Clarion NZ503 has built in NAV, also offered through crutchfield but can be bought at other locations for around $550.

·
Registered
8 Posts
are a lot of guys running a set up like this. I've looked at a couple, but I was concerned with the ability to see the screen, how it would handle possible weather stuff like that. Seems pretty nice though

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Hear a lot of guys having issues with these style screens breaking. I don't have any personal experience. Just throwing that out there. You can get a gps unit to fit where the speedo/tach are. I think 1 - Off customs makes a surround.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked further into it and the Pioneer 7500 could be the way to go for me. They came out with technology last year that enables the unit to sort of run apps from your iPhone. The problem is that you have to buy this $80-100 proprietary wire bundle from Pioneer to do it, and get the Apple VGA to lightning connector for another $40....

Best price I could find was on Amazon:

Pioneer's product page:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-X7500BT

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a pioneer single din indash in mine and i just use the nav app from my phone and stream to my radio. A lot of units now have the ability to use garmin apps etc made for there units.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
:D
I looked further into it and the Pioneer 7500 could be the way to go for me. They came out with technology last year that enables the unit to sort of run apps from your iPhone. The problem is that you have to buy this $80-100 proprietary wire bundle from Pioneer to do it, and get the Apple VGA to lightning connector for another $40....

Best price I could find was on Amazon:
Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-X7500BT Single-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver: Car Electronics

Pioneer's product page:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-X7500BT
but it's a cool feature.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Does the Pioneer AVH-X6500DVD or AVH-X7500BG provide (options for)
1. Handlebar controls
2. Display of navigation maps from iPhone
Handlebar control adapter PAC SWI-PS claimed to work with Harley and PIONEER AVH-X7500BT . About $50.00

Hogwired much more expensive.

No experience with either so do not know benzene fits or shortcomings of either

1 - 13 of 13 Posts