Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Gonna need more info. What kind of speakers are they? My definition of budget is spending enough the first time to get something good enough that you won’t pull it out and buy something else a few months later. What does your “budget” look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Need and amp to power 2 6.5's and 2 6x9. Thanks for any ideas.
Soundstream Picasso Nano PN4.520D 4 Channel Class D Amplifier

This is what I been running for the last 4 years. Not bad for around a C note.
Like said above, buget means different things to different folks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gonna need more info. What kind of speakers are they? My definition of budget is spending enough the first time to get something good enough that you won’t pull it out and buy something else a few months later. What does your “budget” look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I updated the original post

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soundstream Picasso Nano PN4.520D 4 Channel Class D Amplifier

This is what I been running for the last 4 years. Not bad for around a C note.
Like said above, buget means different things to different folks.
Definitely a good option. Reviews look good and dyno test was good. Thanks

·
Registered
977 Posts
Might need to rethink Amp, being those 6x9s and fairing speakers to shine....better than stock,yes....Many more options still out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input everyone. Looks like the sound stream is the winner and I found it for $91 new on eBay with a coupon. I should note I already have 2 6.5 kickers in the fairing and 5.25 kickers in the tour pack all running off a high output JVC. I am adding the second set of 6.5's to the lower fairings and the 6x9's to the bags. The amp is for the new speakers.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I just got a NVX VADM4 in the mail today and that thing is crazy small for the power output. Not much more than the Soundsteam. Could be a good option because of its size.
Yes sir, I know that TW over at HDForums has been raving about the NVX VADM4. Two of those would provide some serious punch for any number of speaker configurations.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I installed the Soundstream Picasso Nano PN4.520D and it was exactly what I needed. I mounted it on the right side of the inner fairing with no issues. I had to turn the gain down to about half to keep from over powering the kicker 6.5's and 6x9's. For $91 I think it is a great deal. Thanks for everyone's input and I would recommend this if anyone is working with a budget like I was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts