19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 RGS add LA lowering blocks 1" but the HD shocks suck with 2up
want to replace them with something better without adding height to the bike
since I am now flat footed.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Alot of discussion on here about shocks. I would suggest doing a search and you'll get alot of good info. I personally would check out Supershox.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Ohlins, Supershox, ProAction are all worth a look.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I hear good things about all the above. I put supeshox on the back of my 17 rgs and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just had Ohlins installed while in Sturgis. Made the bike ride incredible. I rode over 1200 miles home towing an aspen camper. We had a chance to ride Spearfish canyon road after getting them installed and the bike stays planted in the curves like never before.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
After researching like you, I'm seriously considering Ohlins...

·
Registered
407 Posts
LOVE my Supershox, easy quick install, easy set up, awesome ride. Im guessing anything outside of stock is going to be incredible though.

I couldn't believe the difference in them when I set the OEM next to the new Supershox

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It's hard for a Norwegian to admit it, but those made-in-Sweden Öhlins are top notch. :D
They even made H-D specific shocks for touring and what not; the NIX 22 or FKC 100 (front) and STX 36 (rear) are awesome! As already mentioned ask Smarty here - he's the expert.

·
Registered
21 Posts
LOVE my Supershox, easy quick install, easy set up, awesome ride. Im guessing anything outside of stock is going to be incredible though.

I couldn't believe the difference in them when I set the OEM next to the new Supershox
After doing a lot of research, I took the plunge and talked with Brian and ordered a set of premiums for my '16 FLTRUSE today. Can't wait for them to get here. I was told they were about 7-10 days out for shipping them, so will have to wait a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Legends has been stepping up their game and lots of demo rides in my area coming up, though no experience,but are a known name for sure.

·
Registered
407 Posts
After doing a lot of research, I took the plunge and talked with Brian and ordered a set of premiums for my '16 FLTRUSE today. Can't wait for them to get here. I was told they were about 7-10 days out for shipping them, so will have to wait a couple weeks.
Those are what I have, Premium, take plenty of time to adjust them, I learned that a small adjustment went a long ways finally got them dialed in.

mine were 7-10 days also, took a bit longer but worth the wait

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did Legends air and couldn’t be happier, granted is sticker shock on the price but you can control the air from bar hand control buttons to adjust on the fly for 1 or 2 up without having to take bags off to make adjustments.

·
Registered
54 Posts
upgrade 2016 FLTRXS to Ultra Limited rear shocks

I have just fitted 2017 Ultra Limited 13" shocks on my 2016 Road Glide replacing the STD 12". Very impressed so far. Adds a little height but at 5'10" I am still very comfortable and flat-footed. The lean angle on the jiffy stand increases by 2 degrees which is not noticeable. I now go hunting bumps! A world of difference.
Part numbers for the 13" are 54000093 G5K32-00R AND 54000094 G5K3200L

Attachments

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Ohlins are the best plain and simple. If you want off the shelf Ohlins you have plenty of options. If you want custom Ohlins call Howard at Motorcyclemetal.

Reactions: nytryder

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ohlins are the best plain and simple. If you want off the shelf Ohlins you have plenty of options. If you want custom Ohlins call Howard at Motorcyclemetal.
considering the OEM such Horse shit, I cant say the SUpershox are THE BEST, but I do know I would not remove them for anything else

Basic point, anything outside of stock you will see a major difference in Handling, ride, and look, i like the adjuster on the Supershox, its inline and not a knob sticking out.

THis thread should put an end to the shock threads I hope

3 choices, research, call them and make a pick, your back will thank you

·
Registered
519 Posts
13" Ohlins HD159s for my '17 RGS, love them. Bought them from Smarty on this forum.
Best $ I have spent on the bike.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts