Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a good mount that can be attached and tightened without removing the lowers? I have p-mounts which work but they do not extend out far enough. I see Ciro has a set that attaches to the frame but they want $250. I am not opposed to paying this, but if they don't work perfectly it is a steep price to pay for paperweights. I really don't want to mess with the lowers I had a hell of a time getting the speakers and grills in to the knock off lowers.

·
Registered
8,561 Posts
Anybody know of a good mount that can be attached and tightened without removing the lowers? I have p-mounts which work but they do not extend out far enough. I see Ciro has a set that attaches to the frame but they want $250. I am not opposed to paying this, but if they don't work perfectly it is a steep price to pay for paperweights. I really don't want to mess with the lowers I had a hell of a time getting the speakers and grills in to the knock off lowers.
These work well , they sell them shot or long ,depending on your inseam., black or chrome.

Harley-Davidson USA
http://mstore.harley-davidson.com/store/long-angled-adjustable-highway-peg-mount-kit

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The short arm Harley mounts is what I attempted to put on last night. In order to tighten the allen bolt I have to remove the lowers, I only have about 1/2" between the lowers and the bar. I was hoping I could install them with the bolt forward, but they are not interchangeable side to side. I may be forced to remove the tank, speakers and grill to mount them and reinstall, just didn't want to touch the lowers, hopefully ever again.

·
Registered
950 Posts

·
Registered
8,561 Posts
The short arm Harley mounts is what I attempted to put on last night. In order to tighten the allen bolt I have to remove the lowers, I only have about 1/2" between the lowers and the bar. I was hoping I could install them with the bolt forward, but they are not interchangeable side to side. I may be forced to remove the tank, speakers and grill to mount them and reinstall, just didn't want to touch the lowers, hopefully ever again.
Look at picture 2 in the add. If your legs aRe long enough, they are reversible, kind of.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The p-mounts do work but they don't stick out far enough from the bars. Hard to get comfortable on the pegs. I bought Advan Black lowers, the may be shaped a little differently than oem. Not much room to work with between the bars and the lowers. I'll probably have to remove the lowers to make the short arm work, or try to find a 6" peg and use the p-mounts. Thanks everyone for the replies.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems weird to me as well, the space is so tight that when I slide them up there is no room to get an allen key in to finish tightening them. I thought that I could flip them and put the allen bolt on the front, but my legs just ain't long enough. I returned them over lunch and bought the five inch round pegs to use with the p-mount. If they don't work I will try the Ciro ones at $250. I have no wife or GF to spend my money on, why not waste it on the bitch that lives in the garage.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
these are the long mounts. the same shape as the short, but just a little longer. they fit fine without having to remove anything...

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
wow, that's pretty pricey. I guess if you wanted to pay double these would work. the long arm and short arm are made to fit with lowers as well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was eye balling the ciro's, but damn $250. I put the long pegs on the p-mount. OK for now. I think the Advan Black lowers are the problem.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the short billet clamps that Cali-Rider mentioned earlier on. Mine are chrome. They work easily with the factory lowers, and imagine they would work just as well with the Advan lowers. The U-shaped clamp is secured with two allen head screws that are easily accessed from the front/outside of the lower fairings. I use these in conjunction with the stock rear passenger pegs, as I added foot boards for my passengers.

I am not sold on the position of the combo and am considering a change. I would without doubt, go with either the long or short arm version mentioned by Skratch and several others. Maybe try those mounts with the mini foot boards.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
The Allen bolt is in the outside. I don't understand how the lower can be in the was unless they're on backwards. These are the Harley long mounts. And those are Harley lowers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
950 Posts
I've used the long, black version of these on my 2012 Road Glide Ultra for the last 4 years. No problems accessing the bolts when needed.
Here are a couple of pictures of my peg install. As you can see, both bolts are fully accessible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I work at Ciro and can help answer your questions. We designed the highway peg mounts to be an easy install by replacing the HD front floor board mount with our own powder coated steel mount. And you do not need to remove the lowers to install them. Hope this helps

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts