Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to do something about the rear floorboards. Between being short and having freakishly large calves I hit them when coming to a stop with a passenger. I was considering replacing them with pegs but would also consider small floorboards. Any ideas and pictures would be appreciated.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Mine are replaced with pegs for the same reason. The pegs can swivel slightly, so the passenger can move their feet into different positions which adds a little comfort.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs seat on my 15 FLTRXS and the passenger floorboards hit my legs as well. I do not want to give them up for my passenger, but it would be nice if they rotated out of the way in addition to just folding up. That way they would be vertical and flat when it was just me riding, and then when wifey gets on the back she could rotate them 90º, then flip them down to use as usual.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Smaller boards are less annoying, but still annoying. Go with pegs that fold completely out of the way for solo riding, and are just fine comfort wise for short/day trips (but keep the boards on a shelf somewhere). Then when you do do long rides put the boards back on for passenger comfort. Hell it's only one bolt on each side to swap them.

Fuck me ... I just talked myself into doing this. Passenger boards have been driving me nutz lately ...I'ma get some pegs for back there...

Reactions: Tony Tony

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine are replaced with pegs for the same reason. The pegs can swivel slightly, so the passenger can move their feet into different positions which adds a little comfort.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Smaller boards are less annoying, but still annoying. Go with pegs that fold completely out of the way for solo riding, and are just fine comfort wise for short/day trips (but keep the boards on a shelf somewhere). Then when you do do long rides put the boards back on for passenger comfort. Hell it's only one bolt on each side to swap them.

Fuck me ... I just talked myself into doing this. Passenger boards have been driving me nutz lately ...I'ma get some pegs for back there...
Funny I do the same thing all the time! All the voices in my head!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
aaaannndddddd, now I am searching through web pages for passenger boards... Damn you internet, damn you all to hell!!

Reactions: Bevis

·
Registered
141 Posts
I need to do something about the rear floorboards. Between being short and having freakishly large calves I hit them when coming to a stop with a passenger. I was considering replacing them with pegs but would also consider small floorboards. Any ideas and pictures would be appreciated.
I am also vertically challenged. I had passenger floorboards with HD 3 way adjustable passenger floorboard mounts on my 2011 CVO RG Ultra. The adjustable mounts helped a little. My 2018 Road Glide Special has folding footpegs for BSR. Definitely easier stopping and backing up without the floorboards. That being said, anyone tried any of the aftermarket adjustable passenger floorboard mounts? Rivco or Kuryakyn? I'm installing Streamliner passenger floorboards when they come back from the powder coater. Looking for the same solution.(A mount for passenger floorboards that are adjustable to fold out of the way enough so the back of my legs don't hit so much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts