Road Glide banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering trying out a Le Pera Maverick seat to replace our Harley Hammock. We really like the Hammock but after just two years the foam seems to be breaking down causing the seat to shift to one side and rub against the left saddle bag lid wearing both the seat and the finish on the lid.

After doing some research here and online I really like the look and quality of the Le Pera Maverick model. I would likely get the one with the back rest as I've become very used to riding with a rider's back rest - just SO comfortable and it eliminated all lower back pain.

I'm torn between the plain Maverick and the Up-front model. I'm on the short side (just under 5'8") and like sitting closer to the bars. The Hammock sits me up a little higher and the Mustang rider's back rest pushes me a little forward so I like that but just looking at the Up-front seems like it might be a little TOO far forward. I will order from somewhere I can return and exchange so that's not a huge deal. The Up-front has such a deep pocket that it almost looks like I could get away without a back rest so I'm thinking I'll try that first and see how it feels and then if it's too far forward I'll exchange for a plain Maverick with backrest.

Anyway, I'm just looking for opinions from those that have or have owned the Le Pera Maverick seat and get your opinions on overall quality and comfort for both rider and passenger. I go about 250 and the wife is about 115 and we typically don't ride super long distances because no matter how comfortable a seat is we need to stop and stretch after an hour and a half or so! Any feedback appreciated and photos of your RG's with a Le Pera Maverick are very welcome too. If you have experience with both the plain Maverick and the UP-front model I'd really like to hear from you!

Thanks,

M.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow! Over a hundred views and NO opinions on the Le Pera Maverick?!? Lol - I guess everyone that owns one must be out riding!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Maverick

Another Maverick DLL owner. +1 on quality and construction, looks great and nice backrest too, way better mounting design than my Corbin. I spent extra on "biker gel"...can't really say how I like it as I never rode a LePera before this one. I find it a little less comfortable for long rides than the Corbin, but it looks so good and sets me lower and further back that I use it all the time. I went all leather BTW. For me (everybody's ass is different) I go tank to tank but I'm ready for a stretch. Also, I tried a HD "ventilator" seat pad...much better with less ass burn.

·
Registered
230 Posts
DDL for me and quality has been top notch

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys - better late than never, right?!?

Actually, I just ordered the regular Maverick (stitched) without the backrest from Revzilla and it shipped today so I should have it in a couple days. I definitely like the stitched look over the smooth.

I decided not to go with the Up-Front as I think it was going to push me TOO far forward. Looking at the excellent side-views on the Le Pera site had the regular Maverick with about the same seating position as my current saddle.

I'm hoping there's enough support with that back lip so I don't need the back rest. I say this only because I much prefer the look of the bike without the driver's back rest but if I find my back twinges after short rides like the current saddle did, I'll return the Maverick and order one direct from Le Pera since no one seems to sell the stitched version with driver back rest anywhere I could find.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts here as well as a nice detailed write up in this sub-forum.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stock version I bought does not come with the 'biker gel' as Le Pera calls it on their website. They state in that while the gel provides more comfort for longer rides it also causes the seat to be even more firm than just the plain medium density foam. And since we are going from the relatively soft Hammock I didn't want to go over board right out of the gate. I'm already expecting the wife to have objections about the Le Pera being more firm than the Hammock!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.