Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, it's like asking what's the best oil to use, but I'm kinda up in the air here. The bike is stripped down and everything is at the painters, hopefully will be done this week. I didn't send the inner and nacelle because I thought I was going to leave it flat black. Now I'm not so sure.

The bike is getting painted Mercedes palladium silver. It's sort of a dark silver. I'm concerned that matching the inner and dash might be a bit too much, if you know what I mean. I have never seen another bike this color so I can't find anything to see what the end result might look like.

I do want to clean up the look though. I was thinking maybe something like the gloss black that the new Specials come with.

Any suggestions or ideas welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,217 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I think any bike looks much better with the inner fairing painted. It just finishes off the look so well. They should already come that way IMO.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was gonna paint the bike denim black, or more of a satin black. That's why I didn't bring the inner with me. When I got the parts to the body guy he said he could do a gloss color for the same price, so I changed my mind at the last minute.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I think the darker silver or pewter color would look sweet. Add some sort of pinstripe or some small design to it and you'd have one hell of a ride

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's this color. Pictures don't do it justice though because it can look a lot lighter or darker in person, depending on the light conditions.

i

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trigger: Pulled!

Dropped the inner and gauge cluster/fork shroud off at the painter today. Going with the new color throughout. If it's too much I can always pull the gauge cluster and paint it gloss black to break it up a little. But it's easier to have him paint everything at the same time and get a better color match.

I picked up a few of the parts this afternoon. They look good. I think I'm gonna be happy with the results. Photos to follow.....

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I definitely want to see some pics when it's done. I really like that color. Also if you you think it's too much, like I mentioned earlier you can do some pin striping to break it up some

1 - 9 of 9 Posts