Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for LED lighting options for inside of the bags/tour pack. Pics are always helpful.
1) What are you using?
2) How does it mount?
3) Would you buy it again?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have one of my bikes wired with leds
Road Glide is next

One thing I definitely wanted was the bags lit. Had them done at bikeweek last year in Daytona
There is a push button switch behind one of the side panels and I believe they simply wired it to the battery as I can leave them on when bike is off 60C7CD8D-5EA4-48F3-ABA7-FEAF1B47F311_1538973940783.jpeg 60C7CD8D-5EA4-48F3-ABA7-FEAF1B47F311_1538973940783.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Custom Dynamics makes small LED strips. They come in various lengths and stick on with 3M tape. I've used those in customer's bikes in various places; trunk light in a Freewheeler, trunk light in a Tri-Glide, Tour pack lights and saddlebag lights. Most times I just used a trip switch with the rubber cover so that the customer could turn the lights on and off whenever they wanted.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Leaning towards the HD CVO tour pack and bag lights. And may adapt same to side car. The saddle bag lights go on the tour pack and shine into the bags. The lights have a 5 minute auto shut down .
also.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, Here is what we came up with for some LED bag lights. They are magnetic. I can take them out to use as a magnetic work light, put behind the bike in case of a break down, easily remove to change the batteries from time to time. Best part is a pair of them was only 10 bucks at Big Lots and they come with the 3M tape magnets and everything. Here they are in my Wife's Street glide special.
[/url] what is the chemical formula for aluminum sulfite[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Well, Here is what we came up with for some LED bag lights. They are magnetic. I can take them out to use as a magnetic work light, put behind the bike in case of a break down, easily remove to change the batteries from time to time. Best part is a pair of them was only 10 bucks at Big Lots and they come with the 3M tape magnets and everything. Here they are in my Wife's Street glide special.

This is what I was thinking of when I first started reading this thread. Glad you started this thread cause silly me just always held a small flashlight in my mouth; DUH!! Thanks BBB. :surprise:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well, Here is what we came up with for some LED bag lights. They are magnetic. I can take them out to use as a magnetic work light, put behind the bike in case of a break down, easily remove to change the batteries from time to time. Best part is a pair of them was only 10 bucks at Big Lots and they come with the 3M tape magnets and everything. Here they are in my

^^^^^^This. At least this way, there aren't any wires to disconnect when I pull the bags off to clean or work on something. Thanks!

·
Registered
686 Posts
At least this way, there aren't any wires to disconnect when I pull the bags off to clean or work on something. Thanks!
Totally agree, I hated having to screw with the saddlebag wiring on my 82, and my 87 (after I converted it to use 49 ford teardrop taillights for tail/brake/turn) every time I had to do something to the rear that I glassed up the holes in the bags on my 81 FLTC and moved the signals to an FLH style light bar.

Fuck man, I'm going to BigLots after work to get me some of that!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts