Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pair of lowers for my 08 RG. They don't have to be perfrct I can repair them. It is my understanding that I should be able to make lowers off Road King or other bike fit the RG with some customizing. Let me know what you have.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I am looking for a pair of lowers for my 08 RG. They don't have to be perfrct I can repair them. It is my understanding that I should be able to make lowers off Road King or other bike fit the RG with some customizing. Let me know what you have.
Thanks
If you haven't raised your upper fairing on your 2008 by installing the 2010 upper fairing brackets then the ONLY fairing lowers that will fit will be the NON-VENTED style fairing lowers that were made specifically for the RG.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you haven't raised your upper fairing on your 2008 by installing the 2010 upper fairing brackets then the ONLY fairing lowers that will fit will be the NON-VENTED style fairing lowers that were made specifically for the RG.
You can still put vents in those. A number of members have done this. That's how I found about about them.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want lowers to attach to the crash bar. Would like vented but one reply that I got says that I need to change the fairing to use vented. Do you know anything about that?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That sucks. What are the changes that need to be made?
There are post on the forum that tell you what part # you need. But what you need is the upper fairing main support bracket that mount to the frame and the 2 brackets that support the upper fairing from the crash bar. You can get the non-vented fairing lowers and cut a hole in them for a aftermarket vent. I am not sure what the aftermarket vent cost but you can get the 2010 brackets and raise the upper fairing which is around a 3 hour job and all the brackets will cost under $100 if you get them from forum member PC PaiN. PC PaiN @ Horny Toad HD has all the part # you need and is a good place to order OEM and aftermarket parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts