Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i wanted more rear suspension travel on my RG, so i found a set of 13" take offs from a EG, as i was getting ready to install them i happened to measure the ones on the bike, it seams i already have 13" shocks. I thought the 2010 RG custom had the shorter shocks. anybody out there know what shocks should come on a new FLTRX?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I think the 10 customs did have shorter shock, then the moco went back to a somewhat longer shock for the 11 models. I will look in my SM later and see if the specs are listed.
Ian

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just checked my '10 FLRTX, and while up on the center stand, the shocks measure 12" bolt to bolt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am wondering if the dealer pulled a fast one before i picked it up, i bought it new in may of 2010 and the shocks measure 12.75" center to center

·
Registered
425 Posts
I measured my 2010 FLTRX shocks and from center bolt hole to center bolt hole its 12". It is lower and don't ride quite as good and the 09's but lookin cool ain't always as comfortable. Lol.... We are in a world of form over functionality.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I replaced the shocks on my Street Glide with 12.5" Progressive 430's. It made the ride a lot better, but it still sat low.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I replaced the shocks on my Street Glide with 12.5" Progressive 430's. It made the ride a lot better, but it still sat low.
you think that when you put the 12.5" shocks on they sit as low as the stock shocks did? I was thinking about doing the same thing and ordering the 12.5. I'm hoping that with the weight of myself the shocks will compress a half of an inch and it will have the same stance as a stock bike.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
You say Electraglide ? You know the Street glide has the same shocks as the RG Custom. If you have the 13" they're not stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts