Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Well I talked to my soon to be painter today, and I figured I'd better get on the ball about figuring out my end. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to do extended bags and fender yet, but I'd like to hear of brands I should not use and why not.

Here's what I'm looking for;
stock shaped extended bags, not too long I don't want to drag them too much
stock style extended fender, I want to keep my stock lights, which brings me to think of Milwaukee Baggers Street Sweeper add on fender piece

Ok so I just want longer stock looking stuff I guess. I like a little different, but I don't want anything crazy or recessed things. I like the lights I have on it, and I like that it still looks like a motorcycle.

And if you guys can talk me into or out of getting extended bags, all the better. Haha. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even across the bottom.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Sounds like what I'm planning to do. My plan is to go with 4" Matazu prepainted bags instead of the 4.5" propular with most brands. And an Arlen Ness 4" fender extension.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like what I'm planning to do. My plan is to go with 4" Matazu prepainted bags instead of the 4.5" propular with most brands. And an Arlen Ness 4" fender extension.
Thanks for the input. That does look like what I'm wanting to do. I could do without the tri-bar, but I suppose I can't get too choosey. Thanks a lot for the input.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I'd rather go a bit more traditional and conservative over the outlandish and flashy. Want a more practical style

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Thanks for the input. That does look like what I'm wanting to do. I could do without the tri-bar, but I suppose I can't get too choosey. Thanks a lot for the input.
Milwaukee Bagger makes one without. But you'd need to buy a light conversion so the taillight run/turn/stop light work properly...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Tri-Bar

I've done my home work! :grin: I happen to like the tri light rear end look
I happen to agree. The Tri-Bar looks trick. That's part of the reason I converted my wife's E-Glide into a Street Glide. The tail took some welding to finish but it turned out well I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Reactions: anonymous_1

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do like the fascia but I'm not sure I want it with extended bags. It is an option I've thought of though. I do like Milwaukee Baggers stuff, the price is good, but I read somewhere that the Street Sweeper add on flexed and started cracking the guys paint. So now I'm leary about that, unless I went with a whole fender. All options, and thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Top Shop are one of the best! I have there 4" extended bags and layover fender. However I have a custom so not sure how or if a layover will work with the TP? Worth checking them out. Pic's posted in a former thread of mine "Bags done finally!!"

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Check out The Factory Match you can get 4.5" extended bags colormatched and striped ( for a special ) if you need it. my buddy has got his KW Slicer 19" fender and bags from them for his 14SGS... excellent quality...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd rather go a bit more traditional and conservative over the outlandish and flashy. Want a more practical style
Have you found any other options? I like the Ness extension but don't really want the tri-bar light thing. But I want something of good quality that isn't going to flex and crack paint.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Milwaukee Bagger makes one without. But you'd need to buy a light conversion so the taillight run/turn/stop light work properly...

Have you found any other options? I like the Ness extension but don't really want the tri-bar light thing. But I want something of good quality that isn't going to flex and crack paint.
Yup, Milwaukee Bagger.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup, Milwaukee Bagger.
Ok. I didn't know if you had found anything else. I had seen their stuff before this post, not too bad. I'm going to talk to the painter tomorrow, I guess I'll see what I can afford after we talk. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well after talking to the painter I don't think I'll be doing extended bags and fender. Paint is going to be a little more than I thought making the budget pretty tight, and I was on the fence about them anyways. So for now I think I'll save the probably $1300-1500 and put it towards something else like cams maybe. Plus I didn't want to worry about scraping them all the time. I might still do a fender extension or just a stock fascia. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well after talking to the painter I don't think I'll be doing extended bags and fender. Paint is going to be a little more than I thought making the budget pretty tight, and I was on the fence about them anyways. So for now I think I'll save the probably $1300-1500 and put it towards something else like cams maybe. Plus I didn't want to worry about scraping them all the time. I might still do a fender extension or just a stock fascia. Thanks for all the help.
Who did you talk to about paint? Send a message to the guys at Pairadice Cycles in PA. They painted a set of lids for me for dirt cheap and it came out looking great, and I have big blue pearl....I'm sure they would do you good on painting the bags and fender. Worth a shot!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Who did you talk to about paint? Send a message to the guys at Pairadice Cycles in PA. They painted a set of lids for me for dirt cheap and it came out looking great, and I have big blue pearl....I'm sure they would do you good on painting the bags and fender. Worth a shot!
I wouldn't be worried about that, I guess I should of specified. I'm planning on doing a complete custom job. Something like Big Blue Pearl over my Midnight Pearl with stripes and stuff.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts