Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My hammok looks big without the tour pack on, looking for pics to see if a backrest tames down the look any.

Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No photo, but much of my short CVO backrest was blocked by the high back on the seat, making the backrest worthless. I think you need a standard height backrest with the hammock.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My hammok look big without the tour pack on, looking for pics to see if a backrest tames down the look any.

Thanks.
Rider or passenger backrest?

If just for appearances, the short passenger backrest will not look quite right...hammock seat is too high. You'll need a standard height one.

If riders backrest, I've had both a CVO and non-CVO backrest on my RGU w/hammock seat and both will work but the non-CVO model is taller and more comfortable/supportive.

regards,

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rider or passenger backrest?

If just for appearances, the short passenger backrest will not look quite right...hammock seat is too high. You'll need a standard height one.

If riders backrest, I've had both a CVO and non-CVO backrest on my RGU w/hammock seat and both will work but the non-CVO model is taller and more comfortable/supportive.

regards,
Passenger. It is strictly for appearance. If I am riding 2 up I put the tour pack on. Just looking to take away from the ballon on the fender.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought one from a 2000 CVO that is said to be "never used". The pics look good, so I guess I'll see if it will fit with the pad. If not the pic posted with a larger seat and no pad look good. Seems to take away from the bulk.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Not the shorty, but the regular back rest - also the Mustang drivers back rest - both on with the Hammock seat. Looks fine.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my CVO backrest. Here are some pics in case anyone else wonder how a hammok looks with a backrest. I think it does take away from the bulky look. Not enough room in the garage without moving the car out to take some distance pics.

Anyway here it is.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts