Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a harness under the seat or under the side covers that are for the rear speakers? I imagine if you wanted to add a tour pack with speakers, Harley would make it easy to plug right in.

I was hoping to tap into that harness to get high level speaker inputs from the HK radio to the amp going into my saddlebag.

If not then I would have to run speaker wires from the HK radio to the amp for high level speaker inputs.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I had to run my own for my hog tunes amp. I suspect unless you have a RGU, there aren't any extra speaker wires.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
The harness for just the rear speakers and switches is 77157-06.

You will need the Non-Ultra Harness (70169-06) to have a way to plug the speakers into the radio. This harness also gives you the opinion to be able to plug in other radio accessories at a later time. It make it just a Plug and Play.
Or if you are good at electronics, you can just get your own plug and install you own plug.
I didn't choose to go that way. I have the Factory Harness. This keeps the wiring Factory and if or when I sell, it makes the sale easier.

Just don't forget, if you use the H/K Rear speakers, you will need to get the Fader control program installed in the radio. Do a search and this Fader Program is talked about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts