Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking at various soft luggage for my FLTRX checked out the Tbag, Harley premium touring bag and reluctantly the Kuryakyn offerings. So anyone that has owned any of the above and has an opinion to offer, it would be much appreciated. I'm specifically interested in the larger variety as It would need to accommodate both my wife and myself on a several day trip.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been doing the same search but haven't pulled the trigger on a bag as of yet. Have you checked out the Saddlemen BR3400?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've had a Kuryakyn Full Dresser bag for 7-8 years and have averaged a couple trips per year with it. It is a big bag with a hard plastic in core to maintain shape. The only issue I've had is the rain cover ripped - probably my own fault for pulling on it too hard. I was able to purchase a new rain cover separately for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Check out Cool SAC. They are just as big as the T bags if not bigger and way less $$.

·
Registered
656 Posts
An acquaintance who travels on his Roadie extensively uses a Saddleman bag that goes on top of his tour pak rack. He is picky about his stuff and is very satisfied with his bag.

Best of luck and let us know what you end up with.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have three of the T-bags...the Dresser Back Seat, the Original Universal and a Helmet Bag. I used the Universal on my Fatboy attached to the passenger backrest at the time. I travel with the Helmet Bag and the Dresser Back Seat on the RGU and used them with my EGs and Goldwing, as well. They are very durable and I have owned two of them for going on ten years now. The Dresser Back Seat for about seven years. The rain covers work well and each bag can hold a lot of gear....quality products! The pic shows the Helmet and Dresser Back Seat bags on board with rain covers.

http://www.tbags.com/touring/dresser-backseat-bag.html

http://www.tbags.com/universal-original-soft-luggage.html

http://www.tbags.com/helmet-bag.html

Attachments

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
T-bags makes real nice luggage. I have 3-different bags of theirs. A Super T, a space saver, and a tour pak bag that is discontinued, but is similar to the king bootcase only with a pull out handle and wheels. I also have a Saddleman bag. The T-bags are more expensive, but if you do a side by side comparison you'll see a big difference in the quality.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Subd....

·
Registered
432 Posts
I use the T Bags Dresser Back Seat bag as well.

PROS: - Very roomy - can even fit the lap top, camera, and all my meds in there. Will hold a weeks worth of clothes. Built in rain cover. Easy on/Easy off the bike. Built in shoulder straps for carrying it to your hotel room. Lots of pockets.

CONS: Only fits with a tour pack or back rest (One of the straps attach there). Will not alllow you to use a rider back rest and the tour pack - too tight. (I just put the backrest in the trunk and use it when the bag is off).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a large North Face “Base Camp Duffel” for a recent trip of over 2K miles. I was happy with the performance. It is waterproof with the exception of the zipper, however the flap has a 2” overlap covering the zipper. With 3 rain days I didn’t have any problem with leaks. The bag has 4 cinch straps that allowed me to attach it to my Tourpack rack. It has a carrying handle and backpack straps. Additionally it has webbing on the front and back to attach additional gear to. Although not a motorcycle specific product, it worked well for me. Plus it was cheaper, about $135 at Gander Mountain.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I have a River Road bag that attaches to my tour pak luggage rack. I've taken two trips with it and was very happy with how it stayed secure to the rack. It seems to be very high quality and roomy. It includes a rain cover. I also have saddlebag bags made by River Road which I've been using for over a year and they are still in great shape. Seems like they make good quality stuff. My buddy bought a cheaper brand of bag to use with his sissy bar luggage rack and we had a hard time getting it to secure to the rack properly and ended up using extra bungee cords to feel comfortable.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I use a T-Bags Dakota bag on top of the tour pack and HD premium hard insert bags in the saddle bags together they get the job done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought the Saddlemen SDP2600 roller bag when I rode back from TX. Not too big, not too small, more than enough room left over with just my stuff in there. Stealth luggage rack fits perfectly between the wheels/supports on the bottom. Nice snug fit on sissy bar, but also included extra tiedown straps. Plan is for my wife to use that & for me to use the saddlebags for our multi-week trip this summer. Worst case, saddlemen has a smaller duffel style bag that clips onto the top of the roller bag. Quality seems good, rain cover works good, good price on amazon for 145 prime.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I believe the T-bag setup that I have that I used with my fltrx was the 'route 66' with the roll bag also that goes on the top. Loved the setup and used it for a cross-country trip with no issue. Mine is actually just taking up space because after using it on the one trip I was hit by a deer and traded what was left of the fltrx for an fltru so I don't use it with this bike (I bought a different style that sits on top of the tourpak.

Highly recommend this setup and lots of space. One of these days I'll get off my butt and list mine for sale :)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I have a TourMaster bag I've used three times that I will sell. We used it for Shark Week for my wife and I and had plenty of room for the 10 day trip. The bag is spacious, well make and is in excellent condition. We ended up buying a 2014 Tour-Pak. If interested, shoot me a PM.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts