Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..I pulled the trigger and traded my 13 on a 15. I ordered my cfr slip ons ....now it's time for true duals. Looking for suggestions.....will I need to remap?

I have 4 months to add goodies until riding season. Want list includes

True duals
Air breather

I have the color matched tour pack coming too.....13" apes too.

:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok..I pulled the trigger and traded my 13 on a 15. I ordered my cfr slip ons ....now it's time for true duals. Looking for suggestions.....will I need to remap?

True duals
Air breather

Look at MGS Customs True Duals. They make power/sound great and are high quality.
www.mgscustombikes.com

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you are going to put on true dual headers and a high flow breather you will have to re-map the stock computer or your bike will run too lean. Here's the good news. If that is all you are going to do you do not have to go to a high dollar tuner. The Vance and Hines Fuel Pak or something similar will work just fine. If you go to different cams or head work later, then you will need a tuner with more adjustability.

Most of the name brand headers are good. I have had V&H and Rineharts on my last two TC scoots. I really like the V&H Power Duals I had on my Ultra with their 3.5 inch slash cut mufflers. But any of the true duals made for a 2010 or newer TC touring will work on your 2015. If money is a concern, look at Cobra or Python, they have quality true duals also. I believe Python is produced by either V&H or Sampson.

Just my 2cents

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you are going to put on true dual headers and a high flow breather you will have to re-map the stock computer or your bike will run too lean. Here's the good news. If that is all you are going to do you do not have to go to a high dollar tuner. The Vance and Hines Fuel Pak or something similar will work just fine. If you go to different cams or head work later, then you will need a tuner with more adjustability.

Most of the name brand headers are good. I have had V&H and Rineharts on my last two TC scoots. I really like the V&H Power Duals I had on my Ultra with their 3.5 inch slash cut mufflers. But any of the true duals made for a 2010 or newer TC touring will work on your 2015. If money is a concern, look at Cobra or Python, they have quality true duals also. I believe Python is produced by either V&H or Sampson.

Just my 2cents
Yes, Python is a Vance & Hines brand. You can't go wrong with usual suspects for a dual exhaust. They've been building them for years. Rinehart, Vance & Hines, etc. Just pick the right tuner and dyno guy to remap the ECM for those CFRs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
+1 on the mgs true duals. immediate performance increase and still great sound. added with hi flow air intake and the V&H FP3 for easy map.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
+1 for MGS... Tunes great with the TMax, sounds good and good mpg. I can't speak for the '15 but on my '12, the rear header exit out the left side a tab bit higher then the common dual exhaust.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yep MGS is the way to go, get a hi flow and tune and hold on. Best sound for sure

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out fuel moto micro tuner and jackpot stainless steel headers, have been very happy with both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just put freedom performance true dual headers on my 15 and have been very impressded with sound quality and looks havennt had it dynoed so not sur of performance aspect yet. but 354.00 shipped for $ im very happy

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I would say call Frank Drago. I have his true dual system and the quality is great. Also it is good to support the site sponsors. You will never get better support than Drago's.

·
Registered
34 Posts

True duals
Air breather

I bought my 2015 the same time as you and ordered CFRs. Mine still aren't in yet. Have you gotten yours?

Also, did you get the color matched tourpak through the dealership? How much did it run you with the mounting bracket and key set?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts