Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2019 RGS and want to put on highway pegs. I do have lower fairings so my options are based on that, also by bike is blacked out so no "chrome". I like the Harley long angled mounting peg put want to know if there are any other options besides Harley prices. I do see similar Harley mounting & pegs on Ebay & Amazon that are a hell of alot cheaper. The picture below is off Amazon. Has anybody had any luck with these type of pegs off Amazon or Ebay?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The pegs them selves are way cheaper but will serve the purpose, don't know about the mounts as I have the Harley ones.

Word to the wise those particular mounts are a PITA!!!!! to put on. I've had them on both my touring bikes and broke one before tightening it up. It will also more then likely jack up the black powder coating on the engine guard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks "craigffb", I may look for an alternative since I also read that they are difficult to put on. Do you know if the Harley ones omit the powder coat on the inside dia that wraps to the crash bar? Some reviews on the non Harley brackets stated they were fully painted and that extra thickness definitely created a problem.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
@JedJr

The Harley ones do not have powder on the inside. But the coating on the engine guard makes up for it.

Don't get me wrong I really like them but they are a complete PITA. They are harder to put on then a header pipe. Once you get them on if you had to take them off putting them back on isn't as bad, but that first time...…..NOT A GOOD TIME.

·
Registered
279 Posts
These probably won't work for u but I have kury. Mounts and pegs. They sell mounts that will work for lowers also. They sell all kinds of mounts. A little cheaper if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
the longhorn highway peg mounts from kury are pretty much the same as the long angled from Harley. from kury $124.99, from hd $119.95. with either one, you have to provide your own peg, those are just for the mounts.

now, those prices are msrp, you can always find them cheaper from a discounter.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
4,801 Posts

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
I’ve been looking at those Ciro mounts as well. I wonder how they would be for long legged riders?
They are highly adjustable and I love mine - I am only 5'10.5'ish with a 32'33 Inseam but run the CVO Seat so I am back and down a bit and when I had mine installed by Ciro at the 115th.....the cat showed me all the options on Positioning that i had to choose from......it got tiring after a while and I was like, "Bro, I get it, we have a line backing up here, just tighten the fuckers down right.....THERE and lets go".........bless his heart

·
Registered
397 Posts
@JedJr

The Harley ones do not have powder on the inside. But the coating on the engine guard makes up for it.

Don't get me wrong I really like them but they are a complete PITA. They are harder to put on then a header pipe. Once you get them on if you had to take them off putting them back on isn't as bad, but that first time...…..NOT A GOOD TIME.

Chase the threads with a tap and run a die the bolts before install; makes it a breeze. I did have to put a fine strip of sandpaper on mine to get a grip on the powder coating

Paired with some duplicate black streamliner Pegs ;Passenger Takeoffs from another ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
623 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Cheapo Version Streamliner Highway Pegs

I got a set of the Amazon versions as a Christmas gift and I just put them on.

The hardest part was getting the pegs into the angled mounts because the spring pieces that go around them are super tight. Once that was done they went on OK.

Not sure this is the correct position yet but here are a few pix. They are cheap so time will tell. It would have been nice if the mounting bolt was black.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,200 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
seetiggergo those look awesome, do they provide you with enough leg adjustment for your comfort? Like on my old bike I would prefer to move my legs up and forward a little more.

·
Registered
623 Posts
seetiggergo those look awesome, do they provide you with enough leg adjustment for your comfort? Like on my old bike I would prefer to move my legs up and forward a little more.
At 5'10" I have plenty of adjustment with them but there both are shorter and taller riders in my group with them as well that have no complaints. One guy even uses both the engine guard highway pegs along with the Jac-Knifes since he's a serious iron butt rider and likes having 3 places to rest his feet on long days.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Chase the threads with a tap and run a die the bolts before install; makes it a breeze. I did have to put a fine strip of sandpaper on mine to get a grip on the powder coating

Paired with some duplicate black streamliner Pegs ;Passenger Takeoffs from another ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are not the same mounts I was talking about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got Harley pegs on my '18 RGS. I wrapped the crash bar with black electrical tape before putting them on, cut the excess off after I tightened them into position. No scratches on the crash bar.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts