Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been combing through the forum reading and trying to get some insight on seats and different opinions of them. I've got a 2017 FLTRU and would like to get a different seat that sits me down a little more. Would like once piece design, but not against a 2 piece seat and passenger pillion set up. Also not wanting or needing a back rest. What do you all have for recommendations for me? Most of the posts I have been reading talk about moving you back and I really don't need to move back farther, just down. Let me know, Thanks

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
One way would be to contact Mean City Cycles. They can work with your seat to get it the way you want. Other members will have some input as well.

https://www.meancitycycles.com/

Reactions: Oldbie and craigffb

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Hey all, been combing through the forum reading and trying to get some insight on seats and different opinions of them. I've got a 2017 FLTRU and would like to get a different seat that sits me down a little more. Would like once piece design, but not against a 2 piece seat and passenger pillion set up. Also not wanting or needing a back rest. What do you all have for recommendations for me? Most of the posts I have been reading talk about moving you back and I really don't need to move back farther, just down. Let me know, Thanks
Go down to your local harley dealer. Try the 2015 cvo 2 piece seat or the 1 peace reach seat. Most shops have loaner seats hanging up.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
tallboy seat works for me.
a little farther back and down gives the boys more room to move.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ultra Limited Low stock seat should work too

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The 2015 cvo works well,and it's reasonably priced and comfortable.sits you further back as well as lower.I found the tallboy seat to be very uncomfortable for more than 30 minutes,gave me a terrible case of monkey butt,and was stiff riding as well.

this:

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/low-profile-solo-touring-seat

it also comes in brown if you're into that..

Reactions: Big_gary

·
Registered
307 Posts
I’m all about the MCC connection. They can lower the position, and narrow the seat if you need to get your feet more flat on the ground. They can also adjust for whether you want to sit closer or further back. I would also recommend having them add the seat heater option. Great addition for very little money. The female connector is already on your bike, and all you need is the Harley male adapter to wire onto the wires that come installed by MCC. And if you need more stability for walking the bike, take the passenger bracket/floorboards off and replace them with brackets/pegs that come on the non-Ultra models. No more ramming your calves into the floorboards.

Reactions: SilverFatBoy

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Most of the posts I have been reading talk about moving you back and I really don't need to move back farther, just down. Let me know, Thanks
All of the info posted so far is good. Just going to mention the reason you may want to go down AND back a bit is lowering will change your riding “triangle”. You will likely then feel your knees a little more cramped because you only lowered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts