Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new RG, and I have slighly adjusted my handle bars but the real problem is the seat. In order to feel comfortable, I have, at mediam speeds, moved my but up and back on the seat...distance feels good. SO I ordered a mustang because site said sites 1.75 inches further back than stock. NOT even CLOSE! IN fact, it felt closer!!(Mustang Regal One Piece Seat). So I am looking for a comfy seat that REALLY sets me back nearly 2 inches.
Suggestions ??

·
Registered
211 Posts
From what I have seen, that model is only one that does not move back. Buddy picked up a used one and it was that exact model. Look for a super touring or if you search on Revzilla, will give you specs on each seat. See below for differences between 2 seats.

Mustang One-Piece Sport Touring Seat For Harley Touring

Clean and sporting, but still luxurious and fit for the long-haul machine it sits on. This low and sleek saddle is built for all-day cushion on those longer trips resulting in a sporting style coupled up with touring comfort.

Features:

Offers the rider and passenger the comfort of a touring seat with a sporty, stylish look
Seat nose is narrower than stock so that the rider can plant his feet on the ground
Seat will accept a Mustang or HD driver backrest kit
Front seat width - 15.5"
Rear seat width - 11"

Mustang Super Touring Seat For Harley Touring

If you like to get to the hotel and get to bed, a stock seat is no problem. If you have plans to experience the night life at your destination, however, you might want to consider a seat that will leave you the energy to do so! Get there sore or get there happy and ready to keep going.

Features:

One-piece, super-comfortable touring design provides the rider with the fullest, most comfortable seat possible
Sits the driver 1 3/4" further back than the stock seat
Thick, comfortable foam sits rider higher than stock seat
Driver width - 19"
Passenger width - 14"
Vintage seats have smooth covers; Regal seats feature tufted buttons

·
Registered
988 Posts
LaPera daddy long legs maybe?

Lil Chief

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Did you get the 76036 or the 79539? One is super touring (79539), one not; I have a 79446 (solo) and a pillion and its awesome. Sets me back, at least 1.75, but up somewhat...The new seat designed for the rushmores, (summit) sets you back, but not as far as my solo, even though their website says 1.25 for solo, 1.75 for summit...oh, make sure you do the seat the way you want it before you go looking for windshields...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get the 76036 or the 79539? One is super touring (79539), one not; I have a 79446 (solo) and a pillion and its awesome. Sets me back, at least 1.75, but up somewhat...The new seat designed for the rushmores, (summit) sets you back, but not as far as my solo, even though their website says 1.25 for solo, 1.75 for summit...oh, make sure you do the seat the way you want it before you go looking for windshields...
76036.. I sent it back today.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no

Trading for the super tour 79539? That will set you back..I had a regal at one time, it was great...rider backrest?
Have not decided what to get. I emailed Mustang about a seat that "really" sets me back. Have not heard yet. Also looking into new handle bars. But dang...it seems so hard to get comfy stuff for my 2018. It was easy to do on my 2013

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If you like the tufting, I think that the 79539 (or 79539) will sit you back farthest. The summit, while it has the larger rear seating area, didn't seem to set me back as far as they specify, also doesn't come tufted as far as I can see.... the 79558 is the 79539 seat, but with the rider backrest...

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a new RG, and I have slighly adjusted my handle bars but the real problem is the seat. In order to feel comfortable, I have, at mediam speeds, moved my but up and back on the seat...distance feels good. SO I ordered a mustang because site said sites 1.75 inches further back than stock. NOT even CLOSE! IN fact, it felt closer!!(Mustang Regal One Piece Seat). So I am looking for a comfy seat that REALLY sets me back nearly 2 inches.
Suggestions ??
From what I have seen, that model is only one that does not move back. Buddy picked up a used one and it was that exact model. Look for a super touring or if you search on Revzilla, will give you specs on each seat. See below for differences between 2 seats.

Mustang One-Piece Sport Touring Seat For Harley Touring

Clean and sporting, but still luxurious and fit for the long-haul machine it sits on. This low and sleek saddle is built for all-day cushion on those longer trips resulting in a sporting style coupled up with touring comfort.

Features:

Offers the rider and passenger the comfort of a touring seat with a sporty, stylish look
Seat nose is narrower than stock so that the rider can plant his feet on the ground
Seat will accept a Mustang or HD driver backrest kit
Front seat width - 15.5"
Rear seat width - 11"

Mustang Super Touring Seat For Harley Touring

If you like to get to the hotel and get to bed, a stock seat is no problem. If you have plans to experience the night life at your destination, however, you might want to consider a seat that will leave you the energy to do so! Get there sore or get there happy and ready to keep going.

Features:

One-piece, super-comfortable touring design provides the rider with the fullest, most comfortable seat possible
Sits the driver 1 3/4" further back than the stock seat
Thick, comfortable foam sits rider higher than stock seat
Driver width - 19"
Passenger width - 14"
Vintage seats have smooth covers; Regal seats feature tufted buttons

Very long story short, none of the above worked for me. Finally bought a heated Corbin DualTour and success at last. Also changed bars to 16" Yaffee's to complete the comfort for me.:smile:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Great conversation. I've been looking since I picked up my '18 as well. Momma seems to have a problem with the back side of the stock seat! :grin:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That one Mustang is WAY different than a super touring...I actually may be moving a Summit Mustang super touring set soon...but heated...got heated gear and love my Mustang solo...to the OP, did Mustang give you a refund?..I know they have an exchange program, but Didnt know they if did that, but have always got super customer service from them...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
refund

That one Mustang is WAY different than a super touring...I actually may be moving a Summit Mustang super touring set soon...but heated...got heated gear and love my Mustang solo...to the OP, did Mustang give you a refund?..I know they have an exchange program, but Didnt know they if did that, but have always got super customer service from them...
Company i got Mustang from gave me refund with $10 extra for restock. but still have seat prob.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm leaving in the morning to ride to Russell Day-Long Saddle in Shasta Lake, CA to buy a fitted saddle for my RGU. I'm more excited about the actual ride (around 2K roundtrip from my home) than the new seat but I will post pics and a review of it when I return.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Great conversation. I've been looking since I picked up my '18 as well. Momma seems to have a problem with the back side of the stock seat! :grin:
I suggest taking a ride over to Ormond Beach and give the Dual Tour Corbin a try. They allowed me a test ride and both the wife and myself were impressed enough to buy the seat. Also bought the matching TP backrest. For us the seat was perfect right out of the box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts