Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the look and style of my 12" HD Windsplitter. But I need the bulk of the air pushed about 3" higher. Anything available with a style and height like the 12" Windsplitter that pushes the air up farther over the rider? Don't really like the lite tint 15" Windsplitter. And no, I'm not ready to go Madstad. Yet.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Flip

Sounds like you should go with a Windvest. A Cee Bailey TRSSC will give the contour look with a flip but in my experience not the extra 3in of air movement your looking for.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sounds like you should go with a Windvest. A Cee Bailey TRSSC will give the contour look with a flip but in my experience not the extra 3in of air movement your looking for.
Agreed. My experience has been that my 13" Windvest pushes more air up & over than my 15" CeeBailey. While the Windvest doesn't have the sporty, contoured look of the CB, or say a Klock Werks, I think it matches the pitch of the fairing quite well and is one of the better looking wind screens.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
The LRS Mako is a similar design as the Windvest and lower priced. I love mine, and it looks good too. Baggershield would also be a consideration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just put on a 12 inch Freedom shield and love it. Tried both the windsplitter and Klockwerks and this shield out performs both. The shield is very high quality and their customer service is great. They even have a return policy if you don't like it. Give John a call, he will take care of you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm 6'03" and I'm running a 16" Klock Werks windshield, and I love it. Pushes the air right over me. I picked it up from another member on this forum for a little more than 50% of the original cost.:D Check the classifieds on this forum.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You my friend are in the same boat as me (BTW 6'1/2" 32 inseam). It's very difficult to find that balance of function and style. I love the HD 12" splitter's looks too but when I'm on the highway it provides little protection and actually vibrates my nose something fierce with my full face helmet. I have a 14" WV shield which works well for long rides BUT I HATE how it looks. Perhaps it would look better tinted but I'm not sure that would help.

I started an other thread looking for pics of a CB SE Retro tinted 14” which might be my ticket but I have to see it on a bike first. I'll be curious to see which way you go!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts