Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second RG. My first was an 08. Rock solid on the road. My 11 feels loose. Adjusted the neck bearings, fall away is at 1.5. New tires, proper inflation, dyna bead balanced. Gonna check the torque on the swing arm tomorrow and the rear tire alignment.

Anyone else have this feeling with their bike? What else do I need to check?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I found the culprit. The left side swing arm nut went a complete round before torque was hit (55 / 66 went with 60) and the right side was 1 1/2 rounds! Haven't ridden it yet but had GOT to be better!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Like riding on ice

When momma's on the back. Every time she swings her head left or right I feel like I'm riding on ice, the ass end swings out. At least it feels that way, I know it's not.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When momma's on the back. Every time she swings her head left or right I feel like I'm riding on ice, the ass end swings out. At least it feels that way, I know it's not.
Never really had that problem on the 08. Maybe like me, you may need to check the swing arm nuts. Torque on them should be 55 / 66 flbs. Don't take but a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That seems to have done the trick. Ran some shocks into town for UPS and jumped on the interstate behind a truck for a while. No squirming under me anymore in the wind behind the truck.:D

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Glad that did it for ya. I found the TQ specs intersting that's a big tolerance from 55/66 if I understood what you were posting. Just an observation, not doubting accuracy.

Rowdy

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like the Oil plugs. 14 / 21 inch pounds. Several torque values have a wide range. Seems like the engineers could agree on something. :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Need a friend...

One tool I don't have is a torque wrench. I'll put a wrench on it though and see what it feels like. I don't need a torque wrench to tell me it's loose.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One tool I don't have is a torque wrench. I'll put a wrench on it though and see what it feels like. I don't need a torque wrench to tell me it's loose.
If you have one near call Autozone and see if they have one to loan. You basically pay for it but you get a full refund when you return it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts