Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have stock mirrors on a 2005 RG. The right mirror won't stay in place with the engine vibration. After adjusting, it always drifts down after a couple minutes of riding.

The connection between the stem and the mirror is a ball. I don't see anyway to tighten it down.

Any ideas before i start searching for a new mirror purchase?

Thanks!
Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Heat the mirror glass and remove it. You'll see the plate that holds the ball tight against housing, a couple raps between the ball and mounting spots with a hammer and blunt chisel will tighten ball up. Clear silicone will hold the mirror back in. Just did one for a friend's sportster.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I have the same problem with my 96 Fatboy. I finally spent $34.95 and bought a brand new new set from HD. In my case the hassle of trying to repair it over and over wasn't worth the effort.

·
Registered
483 Posts
check the back of the mirror there should be 2 screws there tighten those that pulls the plate tighter onto the ball to prevent movement

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Have stock mirrors on a 2005 RG. The right mirror won't stay in place with the engine vibration. After adjusting, it always drifts down after a couple minutes of riding.

The connection between the stem and the mirror is a ball. I don't see anyway to tighten it down.

Any ideas before i start searching for a new mirror purchase?
Get new mirrors, the stock ones are homely, and new ones aren that expensive.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Done that long go, buy the extended mirrors ( n0 more shoulder checks) and lightly crank on the acorn nut, less than a scrip for other extenters:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts