Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I removed my left saddlebag yesterday to adjust suspension. After riding a few miles to test, i noticed my bag was loose. One of the quarter-turn pins had come out. I put it back in and rode home. Came out again. Any ideas on how to secure the pin? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Agreed. Put a set on 3 weeks ago. Even got rid of some rattle noise.

·
Registered
593 Posts
bags

Did you lose the rubber washer? GO TO ACE HARDWARE FOR CLIP AND BOLT.

·
Administrator
10,496 Posts
Don't have to buy anything , for the past thirty odd years I have run a bolt thru the bags with lock washers and nuts on the inside , no rattle , no theft , with stuff I have laying around the shop ..

JtB

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Don't have to buy anything , for the past thirty odd years I have run a bolt thru the bags with lock washers and nuts on the inside , no rattle , no theft , with stuff I have laying around the shop ..

JtB
+1to that. The only way to go. Ditched my pins the day I got the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Sometimes the slot in the pin will open up a little bit, you can just use a pair of pliers to pinch the end of the pin a little to close up the slot. Bolts are a good idea if you don't remove the saddlebags much but I still use the pins because I like to take off the saddlebags for cleaning & maintenance.
I do have the wrap around saddlebag guards so if the pins come out the saddlebags won't fall off the bike, If you don't have the guards then the bolts would be a better option.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sometimes the slot in the pin will open up a little bit, you can just use a pair of pliers to pinch the end of the pin a little to close up the slot. Bolts are a good idea if you don't remove the saddlebags much but I still use the pins because I like to take off the saddlebags for cleaning & maintenance.
Between my last 3 baggers I have close to 100k miles on the stock pins and never had one fall out. Same style pins held the body panels on my drag cars that ran well over 100mph. YMMV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts