Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so 2nd Kenwwod with hawg wired speakers. Local radio guy installed with steering wheel controls and rear uSB in glove box. Just had a 21" front spoke put on and getting used to it, hit a bump ( not really very hard) god damn radio goes crazy buzzing thru speakers...hand controls do not work or do anything. By the time I get pulled over noise is stopped and so I can't figure it out because radio is off and will not turn back on! Oh no wait its gets better i come out of Mass ( that's where I was headed?..I know biker at Mass....) well any way I. Start the bike and it starts racing up to about 3500 rpm'swell I scoot away and the thing eventually comes down but keeps going up all of a sudden then down then up. Shut the bike restart...same thing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
You could have a faulty HW radio harness kit or maybe jolted the harness somehow. You are going to have to take of the fairing to troubleshoot it. Also verify you have the correct head unit manufactory code dialed in on the HW harness kit. I had/have Kenwood units in all my Harley and never had a problem with the unit itself. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts