Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend, I lost my right saddlebag. None of the 3 people behind me saw it come off and we couldn't find it when we went back and retraced our trip. Now I get to buy a new one. I would like to get a take off or used saddlebag and get it painted to match the old one (unless it matches when i get it, of course).

So, does anybody know a good place to get a right saddlebag? I'm retired, so I don't have lots of money. Then, can any auto-body place do the paint or is there some type of special place I can look for?

Will the crash bars for the bags prevent these things from falling off?

Thanks for any help!

I PROMISE to make sure those dang bolts are tight next time! GRRR!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You're not the first be any means. Saw a post here yesterday I think for a set of factory bags and lids without hardware for $250 OBO.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Over the weekend, I lost my right saddlebag. None of the 3 people behind me saw it come off and we couldn't find it when we went back and retraced our trip. Now I get to buy a new one. I would like to get a take off or used saddlebag and get it painted to match the old one (unless it matches when i get it, of course).

So, does anybody know a good place to get a right saddlebag? I'm retired, so I don't have lots of money. Then, can any auto-body place do the paint or is there some type of special place I can look for?

Will the crash bars for the bags prevent these things from falling off?

Thanks for any help!

I PROMISE to make sure those dang bolts are tight next time! GRRR!
Sorry to hear, sucks big time. Hopefully someone has a matching takeoff they're not using. And yes the bars would prevent them from completely falling off but lots of people use bolts or Monkey knobz type fasteners to secure bags.

Monkey Knobz Saddlebag Screw in Knobs | Custom Saddlebag Liners, CaveCreek, AZ

·
Registered
188 Posts
Start watching eBay. There's always bags for sale. An you might even get lucky on the color. I sold a set on eBay an it was just the color someone was looking for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bag.i see you are in Bakersfield.you might want to go to the Long Beach bike swap meet at the end of the month.you might be able to get just 1 bag save that way?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sucks to hear that. Like mentioned earlier check out the classifieds here or swap meet. A quick trip to the hardware store will remedy that next time, Allen head bolts, lock washers and u clips.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't rule out notifying the CHP and/or Caltrans. With luck they might find it and be able to return it.

This might also be a thought to others... After hearing the horror stories I switched to screw type mount for the bags, I also used a label making machine to stick onto the back of the saddlebag "If found return to..."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts