Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning up the shop today and decided to put my luggage rack back on the Bike. My rack has the airwing light that runs under the chrome frame. So I installed the rack on the quick connect pins and go to hook up the lights, and all I find is the three wires with pins still on them. The plastic part the pins lock into is no where to be found. I dug through the vacuum full of leaves dust and misc stuff off the floor, with no luck. Turned the shop upside down, nothing. How this happened I have no idea. It came off the last time with no effort and was intact. I have not touched it since. Now I am stuck with how to replace this part without buying more than I need. The three pins are all there, just the plastic Female mating part that the pins lock into is missing. Not even sure what this part is called.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
thè amazing thing with Harley is that you can buy down to the pin level for most parts. You just have to figure out the part number for the connector you are missing.

This is unheard of from all the other manufacturers I have dealt with in the past.

Start with the instructions to mount the light kit.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Just a thought. Is the other part of the plug still attached to the male end on the bike?

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
If you don't come up with the plug then go to the HD dealer and do a "Kit Breakdown", the dealer can pull up the kit P/N and then breakdown the parts in the kit and you can order what you need that way.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a thought. Is the other part of the plug still attached to the male end on the bike?
Yes the bike side of the plug is there. Not sure if this is called a Molex or if it has some other name. Iron mark, that's what I intend to do, go down there and figure out what to get and from where. This might haven been a wire harness sold separately from the Airwing lights, Or it may have come with the lights. IDR. Either way I have to start at the place I bought them, and trace it backwards. Hopefully it is a common plug that they have in stock for some other use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts